+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

traveling to Canada

robflo

Jul 14, 2009
Hello everyone,
This may not be the right forum room to post this but I didn't know where I should ask this question.
I am a Canadian Citizen who lives here in Canada, 14 years ago I was in a relationship overseas (Peru) from it my daughter was born. She stayed with her mother in Peru and I decided to return to Canada and continue my life here, Now at age 14 my daughter wants to come to Canada and continue her education here with me. She is a Canadian citizen also and she recently received her Canadian passport, my uestion is this, : what does my daughter need in order to travel by herself. I know that the immigration office in Peru would need some kind of paper to let her leave the country since she is a minor. WHat kind of paper do I need to send her mother to Peru from here so my daughter won't have a problem leaving the country.
Can someone please help with this.

thank you very much

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,
This may not be the right forum room to post this but I didn't know where I should ask this question.
I am a Canadian Citizen who lives here in Canada, 14 years ago I was in a relationship overseas (Peru) from it my daughter was born. She stayed with her mother in Peru and I decided to return to Canada and continue my life here, Now at age 14 my daughter wants to come to Canada and continue her education here with me. She is a Canadian citizen also and she recently received her Canadian passport, my uestion is this, : what does my daughter need in order to travel by herself. I know that the immigration office in Peru would need some kind of paper to let her leave the country since she is a minor. WHat kind of paper do I need to send her mother to Peru from here so my daughter won't have a problem leaving the country.
Can someone please help with this.

thank you very much
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/minor-children-travelling-canada.html

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Assume you have considered but depending how confident your daughter is with international travel then even at 14 might be worth considering applying for the airlines unaccompanied minor service . There is likely a small cost but even at 14 if not used to international travel can be pretty daunting even more so if English may be a second language