+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling to Canada on expired passport, valid visa

Discussion in 'Visitors' started by nexxus007, Jul 10, 2017.

  1. Yes I already applied..and collection is nextmonth but according to embassy sometimes delayed.
  2. In that case, you currently do not have a valid passport. Your previous passport has been cancelled, and you haven't been issued a new passport yet.

    You must not apply for your visa until you get the new passport
  3. Hi,

    do you maybe know if the rule "valid visa in expired passport" could be applied in the case you got one entry immigrant visa? My problem is that my passport will not be valid for more than 3 months at the time I plan to land in Canada and I may face the problem with transit countries in European Union. Ministry of external affairs of my country advised me to get a new passport before I leave, but I am afraid that my visa will not be valid in that case.
    I already wrote to the office that issued my visa but there is no replay.
    Please if anybody can help me or tell me to whom to address the issue.
  4. You will need a new passport. You must travel with the old passport that has the valid TRV + the new passport
  5. They do not reply to who is not a applicant eg. TRV,PR, citizenship or WP etc. + you can travel with both passport new one or which passport has stamped the visa (old one).
  6. Thanks Bryanna,
    can you just confirm that I understood you well. Visa that I obtained after express entry is TRV (temporary resident visa) because it is usually linked with visitor visa, and I would not be a visitor but an immigrant?
    Please explain it to me,because I am confused now.
  7. Thank you for your answer,
    I believe that I am an applicant since they issued me an immigrant visa that I got trough express entry program. Or if I am not, then who can give me an official solution to my problem?
  8. Hi, I'm in the similar situation having valid PR visa stamping in the canceled passport and a new passport. Now, the same question arises whether I can travel with both the passports-the old passport with a Valid single entry PR visa and the new passport or do I need to transfer the PR visa from old to the new passport? Please guide based on your experience. Thanks.
  9. You can travel with both.
    mpsqra likes this.

Share This Page