+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling outside of Canada during co-op

Chhikara

Jan 24, 2024
Hi there, i am going through a problem and haven't been able to find an answer for the situation. If anyone can help I'll be very grateful to you.

I am currently in my co-op term and want to go to India for some time due to a personal situation. My employer is ok if i work remotely. I am traveling back for almost a month and my concern is that when i come back and apply for work permit will there be any issue with that. ?

P.s I'll be back before the last day of my college term and co op contact.

Thankyou

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi there, i am going through a problem and haven't been able to find an answer for the situation. If anyone can help I'll be very grateful to you.

I am currently in my co-op term and want to go to India for some time due to a personal situation. My employer is ok if i work remotely. I am traveling back for almost a month and my concern is that when i come back and apply for work permit will there be any issue with that. ?

P.s I'll be back before the last day of my college term and co op contact.

Thankyou
Do you have a TRV? If valid, you can re-enter. A work permit/study permit doesn’t allow re-entry.

Chhikara

Jan 24, 2024
Yes, i do have a valid TRV and valid medical as well. I won't have any issue coming back to Canada. My question is this is my co-op sem right now. It is a work form home/ remote location job so when i come back in April i will br applying for work permit. Can there be any issues with that because i was outside of Canada during my co-op. Some people told me that it's a possibility that's why i got a little scared as my tickets are non refundable

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, i do have a valid TRV and valid medical as well. I won't have any issue coming back to Canada. My question is this is my co-op sem right now. It is a work form home/ remote location job so when i come back in April i will br applying for work permit. Can there be any issues with that because i was outside of Canada during my co-op. Some people told me that it's a possibility that's why i got a little scared as my tickets are non refundable
If your TRV valid then you should have no issue.