29-01-2011
Med's Request
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
LANDED..........
17-10-2011
Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if there is anyone has traveled outside to Canada with Canadian Travel Document (for c. refugees) I’m planning to go to the UK very soon and I was wondering if I need a visa. Btw UK applies visa to my origin country if it makes any difference.

Please share info's and links if u have.
Thx

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear

You definitely need visa for going to UK, Any way the easiest way to see if you need visa is to check the british counsulate website in vancouver or simply any country you would like to visit, By the way what happend to your landing appointment??

pengyuen

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2011
Med's Request
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
LANDED..........
17-10-2011
Hi Hamedsilent,
I thought that I need a visa too but one of my friends, who has that travel document, told me that I don't need a visa with that document except for the USA. I also try to contact UK Embassy but they only work by appointment and I have to pay the fee before I make an appointment. I wanted to be sure that I need a visa before I pay the fee:)
About my landing interview, funny thing:) After waiting 6 weeks, I went to CIC office and they told me there is no update on my landing date. 2 mins after I left the office they called me from another CIC office and gave an appointment for 5days ahead. I don't know if they forgot about me or was a coincidence:) Anyway I landed on last monday, waiting for my PR Card now. I'm sure you will hear very good news soon..

pengyuen

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2011
Med's Request
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
LANDED..........
17-10-2011
No they didn't, I need my PR Card for that...

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not so sure about it but check to see whether in vancouver yo might be able to get your permanent sin with your lading paper and without your PR card since you were a protected person.

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
An one more thing my friend, So you didnot receive any landing letter and basicaly they just called you and made the appointment ??

waitin_vain

Star Member
Apr 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE, ALBERTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2010
Doc's Request.
06-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-11-2010
Med's Request
06-04-2011
Med's Done....
11-05-2011
LANDED..........
18-10-2011
pengyuen said:
Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if there is anyone has traveled outside to Canada with Canadian Travel Document (for c. refugees) I'm planning to go to the UK very soon and I was wondering if I need a visa. Btw UK applies visa to my origin country if it makes any difference.

Please share info's and links if u have.
Thx
Hi Pengyuen,

I think you will need visa for entry to U.K with Canadian Travel Document...check this link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/do-you-need-a-visa/
You will be exempted for a visa I think for transit through U.K

waitin_vain

pengyuen

Star Member
Jul 7, 2011
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2011
Med's Request
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
12-07-2011
LANDED..........
17-10-2011
Hey guys,
Thanks for yr responses they have been quite helpful. One more question about traveling;
if I get my visa on my travel document, do I still need to carry my passport? I really don’t like to use that passport and I won’t use it for visa anyway, can I just leave it at home?
And Hamed, for yr question, first they called me and let me know about interview. They also told me that they will send me a letter but if it gets lost or comes late no problem. Just show up in time with or without letterJ On interview day I saw some of the people didn’t have the letter, didn’t matter they’d got their PR’s anyway…

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Pen

No you just need the document you have visa on could be your passport or travel document, Deponds on which you use for getting the visa, No need to hae them both.