+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling Outside Canada for the First time after the PR

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Hey there, I am planing to visit my Parent in Lebanon next month, and it would be the first time I leave canada after I landed July-2009. Do I need anything else than my PR and COPR and of course passport with me? When I landed , the custom officer didn't even look at my List of goods, so they aren't stamped or anything, are they going to ask about them?
and the last question, now since I have the PR, do I still need a transit visa from Lebanon to frunkfurt, since I am traveling with luftanza, and does anyone has a list of countries that I can visit with my Pr without a visa, ...I tried google but she wasn't a big help in this question...:)
Thanks in advance

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It depends on each country but usually PR does not mean anything except in the country where you are PR. It's your citizenship that counts. I think you still need a transit visa to land in Frankfurt if you did before. If you want to know, you should contact the German embassy.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
thanks Leon for your reply, I just made the reservation with lufthanza, and the lady there said That I don't need a transit visa since I am a canadian PR, but I will double check with the germany embassy.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Leon, here is what that lady sent me:

Airport transit visa:

If you hold a passport of one of the following countries, you need to apply for a

visa for transiting through the international transit area of a German airport:

Afghanistan

Angola

Bangladesh

Colombia

Congo- Democratic Republic-

Cuba

Eritrea

Ethiopia

Gambia

Ghana

India

Iran

Iraq

Jordan

Lebanon

Nigeria

Pakistan

Somalia

Sri Lanka

Sudan

Syria

Turkey

If you also hold a valid Canadian Permanent Resident Card, you are

exempt from the airport transit visa requirement.

If you are a citizen of India or Turkey and are returning from Canada to

India or Turkey while your work permit AND corresponding sticker in

your passport are still valid, you are also exempt from the airport

transit visa requirement.
But Here what I found on the german embassy site...what to do...:(((
who need a visa:

http://www.toronto.diplo.de/Vertretung/toronto/en/04/VisaRegulations/seite__Visabestimmungen.html

How to apply

http://www.toronto.diplo.de/Vertretung/toronto/en/04/VisaRegulations/seite__visa__transit.html

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't need a visa. See here:

http://www.toronto.diplo.de/Vertretung/toronto/en/04/VisaRegulations/seite__visa__transit.html

Holders of Canadian Permanent Resident Cards do not need to apply for an airport transit visa.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Ouppps...thank you Leon, you are a saint..I was worried...and as usual I don't like to read much..
thanks and good day

life is beautiful

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
don't get why do you need transit visa? is your connection too long and you want to go to the city?

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
No, I am staying in the airport, but since I am from Lebanon, I usualy need a transit visa even if I am staying in the airport, but now since I have a PR, I don't need one..