+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling on a Study Permit Extension

ChrisCan

Star Member
Mar 15, 2021
Hi there,
I'm looking for some insight from the veteran members of this forum. My original Student Permit expired in 30th of August alongside with my S-1 Visa. I applied for a Study Permit Extension which was approved until 30th of November. Can I travel during this time if I have V-1 Visa?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi there,
I'm looking for some insight from the veteran members of this forum. My original Student Permit expired in 30th of August alongside with my S-1 Visa. I applied for a Study Permit Extension which was approved until 30th of November. Can I travel during this time if I have V-1 Visa?
Did you apply to extend your TRV after your SP approved? Simply if your TRV was also approved, you can travel but keep in mind covid protocal both in destination country and back in Canada….

Reactions: ChrisCan

ChrisCan

Star Member
Mar 15, 2021
Hey Simba thanks for the response, I did apply. But nothing came out of the profile in the government of Canada. It only says that your student permit extension is approved and will come by mail. I called IRCC they told me that your visitor visa V1 should be good to travel as long as you have the permit. Any insights?