File Transfer...
File Transfer to NDVO: 13-01-2020
Med's Request
06-12-2019
Med's Done....
Medicals passed on 11-12-2019
Passport Req..
Waiting Eagerly
did you get any info on the same? I am also in same boat.
As of now, Indian passport holders cant travel, even with PR cards, not sure when they going to change this rule.
Canadian citizens and spouse/child to Canadian citizens holding PR cards can travel

nitinw

Mar 22, 2018
As of now, Indian passport holders cant travel, even with PR cards, not sure when they going to change this rule.
Canadian citizens and spouse/child to Canadian citizens holding PR cards can travel
There is a lot of confusion. Had chat with two BA agents and now they are saying that PR are allowed. I have still not cancelled my BA flight which is scheduled for 22nd Aug.

• Sad
Reactions: pumpkin_latte

chandra415

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney -> Mississauga -> NDVO
App. Filed.......
04-11-2019 (App Received Date)
AOR Received.
23-11-2019
File Transfer...
Med's Request
06-12-2019
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Waiting Eagerly
This isn’t correct.
Thanks for the update, so than what is the correct information ? BA allowing COPR's of Immediate family members or any other visa with immediate family members ?
I was told by 2-3 different agents from BA also they only called me back and confirmed my parents cant travel because they are not foreign nationals and still carrying Indian passport or they are not considered as immediate family members, only spouse and child of foreign national are considered as immediate family members according to UK/BA

Thanks;
Chandra

Last edited:

chandra415

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney -> Mississauga -> NDVO
App. Filed.......
04-11-2019 (App Received Date)
AOR Received.
23-11-2019
File Transfer...
Med's Request
06-12-2019
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Waiting Eagerly
There is a lot of confusion. Had chat with two BA agents and now they are saying that PR are allowed. I have still not cancelled my BA flight which is scheduled for 22nd Aug.
Nice, my parents on their way to Canada via AirCanada because BA confirmed they wont be able to board

dn3

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/another-group-of-international-flights-land-in-canada-with-covid-19-patients-1.5067157

Travelers from India, please take all precautions. Almost every Air India flight from New Delhi has a positive case of Covid in August.
Atleast check your own post and link before making such bold statements. The link you have shared has detailed list of flights to Canada from Aug 1 to AUg 13 which reported COVID 19 cases. Out of 43 flights, only 3 flights originate from India, while others are from all over the world-Europe, North AMerica, Middle East, Africa, Asia (other than India)!!!

Reactions: YouGotMeHere

rvk123

Sep 20, 2019
Lufthansa flight schedule for rest of the month is published , but still the condition remains same.
Hi, I n my wife just travelled by Lufthansa frm BLR-FRA-YYZ, I had CoPR issued before march 18. we went to airport and everything went as usual no questions asked. Transit at FRA was usual with just additional step of checking of CoPR document(travel doc).
After reaching YYZ , took about 30 min including 15 min waiting in queue, the officer asked for PR card delivery adress that's it and done.
Check at airport if they're allowing, do not trust call centers they have only printed matter which is not up to date with on ground changes.

You_Know_Who

Jul 30, 2020
Finally made my landing at Toronto today!!
Had travelled on the AI flight from Delhi; my experience is below:

@ Delhi Airport - Gate No. 4 for Air India:
- Almost 1.5 hrs waiting time outside the terminal in the queue to fill the health declaration form, get the cabin-baggage sanitized and get the passport & ticket verified
- On entering, submit the health declaration form and get temperature check
- Do not join the queue for work permit holders just before the check-in counters; COPR holders can directly proceed to the check-in counters (one person was kind enough to let me know before I joined this queue)
- Check-in & immigration processes are a breeze (barring the 15-20 min waiting time); the agents just check the passport, visa, COPR letter and ticket
- While boarding, face shields are provided to everyone whereas PPE kits are provided to passengers in the middle seat

Note:
1. Trolley bay is right at the end of the terminal building; you would not find trolleys just lying around
2. Delhi weather is too humid these days; be prepared to sweat it out while outside the terminal

@ AI187: I always tried to avoid Air India and this is the last time I flew with them
- 2 boxes of food and packets of namkeen / chips etc. are kept on all seats. There's no service during the flight. (This was fine with me)
- WASHROOMS MAINTENANCE IS HORRIBLE. There was no sanitizer, no tissue paper, even no toilet paper in the washroom. People were actually carrying glasses with them to clean up after. Carry lots of tissues if you need to go frequently.
- You'll be given 2 forms to be filled which need to be submitted at Toronto airport; 1 is health declaration & quarantine plan, 2nd is customs clearance

Note:
1. Row no. 39 in economy class on the AI 187 has a 2-3-2 configuration (rather than 3-3-3); try to get a seat in this row if you want 1 less person beside you

@ Toronto Airport - Terminal 1 (pre-immigration):
- Flight landed at 7.50 am. De-boarding takes place in batches; I entered the terminal at 8.30 am
- 10 min walk to the passport control. There's no separate line for COPR holders. After 20 mins in queue, the agent just saw the passport, visa and crossed out the customs card. He then asked me to proceed to immigration. Total time at counter: < 1 min
- While going towards immigration, you need to deposit the health declaration form that was given during the flight
- 4.5 HRS WAITING TIME FOR IMMIGRATION. Yes that's right; that's how long it took me to enter the queue and get my turn at immigration

Note:
1. The forms are also available in the terminal before passport control; don't panic if you by chance don't get the forms in the flight

@ Immigration Counter:
Me - Hi
IA - Hi, how are you?
Me - I'm good. How are you?
IA - I'm very well.
Me - (handing over passport, COPR letter, phone with ArriveCAN app open) Immigrant visa application
IA - Can I get the second copy of the COPR letter too?
Me - Sure, here you go
IA - (while checking documents and verifying identity) Do you have an address where the PR card can be delivered?
Me - I'll be staying with a friend after my quarantine period. Will his address help?
IA - (handing back my phone) It'll take 2 months
Me - Is there a way to change the delivery address later if required?
IA - Yes, that can be done online
Me - Very well then, you can note my friend's address in that case
IA - (makes note of the address on both sheets of the letter) Have you been in any legal trouble?
Me - No
IA - Have you been denied immigration before?
Me - No
IA - (making note of the answers, stamping & filling-up both forms) Congratulations, you are now a permanent resident of Canada. You are recommended to spend 2 out of every 5 years in Canada. If you do travel a lot, please make sure to get your passport stamped everytime. This form (handing over the client copy of the COPR letter) is a proof of PR, please keep it safely.
Me - Thank you very much.
IA - Also, you would need a Social Insurance Number. Once your quarantine ends, visit any Service Canada centre to get the same.
Me - What about the one at the airport?
IA - That's currently closed due to the Covid situation.
Me - Sure, no problem. Thank you.
IA - You're welcome. Have a nice day.

Total time: ~5 mins
Few surprises - nothing regarding proof of funds, quarantine plan. I'm pretty sure the agent didn't look at the details on the ArriveCAN app.

Note: Please make sure both the copies of the COPR letter are stamped and signed.

@ Toronto Airport - Terminal 1 (post-immigration):
- Collected luggage from the belts and proceeded to exit.
- I didn't have any custom declarations to make; so just walked through the green channel and handed over the customs form to the agent over there.
- Right outside the gate there's a kiosk of Chatr mobile. Got a pre-paid SIM for ~50 bucks (35 plan + 10 SIM charge + tax)
- Exit from Gate D leads to the airport taxi bay (there's a separate gate for Limos, if you wish a fancy ride). Took a taxi to my quarantine place

Total Airport-to-Airport time: 24 hours

Tips:
1. Try to de-board as soon as possible.
2. Student visa processing is taking a lot of time. Pray for no students on your flight
3. Social distancing needs to be followed at all places at Toronto Airport
4. Minesweeper is an excellent time-killer

Let me know if you guys need any clarifications. All the best!!

Last edited:

Sunilcas

Jan 20, 2018
Finally made my landing at Toronto today!!
Had travelled on the AI flight from Delhi; my experience is below:

@ Delhi Airport - Gate No. 4 for Air India:
- Almost 1.5 hrs waiting time outside the terminal in the queue to fill the health declaration form, get the cabin-baggage sanitized and get the passport & ticket verified
- On entering, submit the health declaration form and get temperature check
- Do not join the queue for work permit holders just before the check-in counters; COPR holders can directly proceed to the check-in counters (one person was kind enough to let me know before I joined this queue)
- Check-in & immigration processes are a breeze (barring the 15-20 min waiting time); the agents just check the passport, visa, COPR letter and ticket
- While boarding, face shields are provided to everyone whereas PPE kits are provided to passengers in the middle seat

Note:
1. Trolley bay is right at the end of the terminal building; you would not find trolleys just lying around
2. Delhi weather is too humid these days; be prepared to sweat it out while outside the terminal

@ AI187: I always tried to avoid Air India and this is the last time I flew with them
- 2 boxes of food and packets of namkeen / chips etc. are kept on all seats. There's no service during the flight. (This was fine with me)
- WASHROOMS MAINTENANCE IS HORRIBLE. There was no sanitizer, no tissue paper, even no toilet paper in the washroom. People were actually carrying glasses with them to clean up after. Carry lots of tissues if you need to go frequently.
- You'll be given 2 forms to be filled which need to be submitted at Toronto airport; 1 is health declaration & quarantine plan, 2nd is customs clearance

Note:
1. Row no. 39 in economy class on the AI 187 has a 2-3-2 configuration (rather than 3-3-3); try to get a seat in this row if you want 1 less person beside you

@ Toronto Airport - Terminal 1 (pre-immigration):
- Flight landed at 7.50 am. De-boarding takes place in batches; I entered the terminal at 8.30 am
- 10 min walk to the passport control. There's no separate line for COPR holders. After 20 mins in queue, the agent just saw the passport, visa and crossed out the customs card. He then asked me to proceed to immigration. Total time at counter: < 1 min
- While going towards immigration, you need to deposit the health declaration form that was given during the flight
- 4.5 HRS WAITING TIME FOR IMMIGRATION. Yes that's right; that's how long it took me to enter the queue and get my turn at immigration

Note:
1. The forms are also available in the terminal before passport control; don't panic if you by chance don't get the forms in the flight

@ Immigration Counter:
Me - Hi
IA - Hi, how are you?
Me - I'm good. How are you?
IA - I'm very well.
Me - (handing over passport, COPR letter, phone with ArriveCAN app open) Immigrant visa application
IA - Can I get the second copy of the COPR letter too?
Me - Sure, here you go
IA - (while checking documents and verifying identity) Do you have an address where the PR card can be delivered?
Me - I'll be staying with a friend after my quarantine period. Will his address help?
IA - (handing back my phone) It'll take 2 months
Me - Is there a way to change the delivery address later if required?
IA - Yes, that can be done online
Me - Very well then, you can note my friend's address in that case
IA - (makes note of the address on both sheets of the letter) Have you been in any legal trouble?
Me - No
Me - No
IA - (making note of the answers, stamping & filling-up both forms) Congratulations, you are now a permanent resident of Canada. You are recommended to spend 2 out of every 5 years in Canada. If you do travel a lot, please make sure to get your passport stamped everytime. This form (handing over the client copy of the COPR letter) is a proof of PR, please keep it safely.
Me - Thank you very much.
IA - Also, you would need a Social Insurance Number. Once your quarantine ends, visit any Service Canada centre to get the same.
Me - What about the one at the airport?
IA - That's currently closed due to the Covid situation.
Me - Sure, no problem. Thank you.
IA - You're welcome. Have a nice day.

Total time: ~5 mins
Few surprises - nothing regarding proof of funds, quarantine plan. I'm pretty sure the agent didn't look at the details on the ArriveCAN app.

Note: Please make sure both the copies of the COPR letter are stamped and signed.

@ Toronto Airport - Terminal 1 (post-immigration):
- Collected luggage from the belts and proceeded to exit.
- I didn't have any custom declarations to make; so just walked through the green channel and handed over the customs form to the agent over there.
- Right outside the gate there's a kiosk of Chatr mobile. Got a pre-paid SIM for ~50 bucks (35 plan + 10 SIM charge + tax)
- Exit from Gate D leads to the airport taxi bay (there's a separate gate for Limos, if you wish a fancy ride). Took a taxi to my quarantine place

Total Airport-to-Airport time: 24 hours

Tips:
1. Try to de-board as soon as possible.
2. Student visa processing is taking a lot of time. Pray for no students on your flight
3. Social distancing needs to be followed at all places at Toronto Airport
4. Minesweeper is an excellent time-killer

Let me know if you guys need any clarifications. All the best!!
Thanks for the detailed post and Congrats once again.

Just a question,

Does Denied Immigration cover previous Canadian Student Visa/ Visit Visa rejection? In that case should one be answering yes.

Jimmy 2k

Jan 5, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2020
I have my parents on the HYD-LON-YYZ on 23rd. Spoke the BA customer service and they couldn't find anything which prohibits their travel.
They have visit visa(Parents of PR)

Jimmy 2k

Jan 5, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2020
Thanks for the update, so than what is the correct information ? BA allowing COPR's of Immediate family members or any other visa with immediate family members ?
I was told by 2-3 different agents from BA also they only called me back and confirmed my parents cant travel because they are not foreign nationals and still carrying Indian passport or they are not considered as immediate family members, only spouse and child of foreign national are considered as immediate family members according to UK/BA

Thanks;
Chandra
Immediate family would be defined by canada here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#immediate