+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling/Flights to Canada from India during COVID 19

mage

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Thanks @mage for your detailed reply. Really appreciate.
Is there any other airline apart from AI that v can take to leave India in August?
I know Emirates is showing booking for 15th aug onwards but v cant possibly take that flight..
Apologies, I'd love to help, but I'm in the same boat and there's no confirmed flight that I can possibly suggest at the moment. Same as other forum members have suggested, best bet for now looks like waiting for AI flights for Frankfurt to open and jostle for a ticket on those
Another way (likely just a time-sink) maybe to try to get a remaining ticket for AI's London flight, if any travel agent is still exercising their blocking power on those - they are probably going to charge a hefty premium though, if they have any left.

garryrandhawa

Star Member
Jan 12, 2020
Hi! My sister lives on rent in canada and is working from the last 6 months. My mother wants to visit her. Could anyone help me know that how can I process my mother's visa from india? Will my sister's rent agreement, last 3 months salary slips and letter of invitation be sufficient documents from her side apart from my mother's documents? Kindly please help. Thanks

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hi! My sister lives on rent in canada and is working from the last 6 months. My mother wants to visit her. Could anyone help me know that how can I process my mother's visa from india? Will my sister's rent agreement, last 3 months salary slips and letter of invitation be sufficient documents from her side apart from my mother's documents? Kindly please help. Thanks
Living on rent does not make any difference in processing the tourist visa. Anyone(you, your mother, your sister) can show the sufficient funds to support her in Canada.
All the details are mentioned on CIC. You will see when you will go through the visa process.

Abdullahahmed

Jan 24, 2019
Apologies, I'd love to help, but I'm in the same boat and there's no confirmed flight that I can possibly suggest at the moment. Same as other forum members have suggested, best bet for now looks like waiting for AI flights for Frankfurt to open and jostle for a ticket on those
Another way (likely just a time-sink) maybe to try to get a remaining ticket for AI's London flight, if any travel agent is still exercising their blocking power on those - they are probably going to charge a hefty premium though, if they have any left.
Getting a ticket for any flight on VBM is next to impossible! But of course we have to try our best..lets see now

Reactions: mage

manas27

Jul 21, 2020
If you're flying with Turkish Airlines, they have a dedicated page for such queries: https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in/any-questions/transfer-transit-passengers
Thanks ! They don't mention Visa specifically here so still a bit doubtful. Here's the relevant section. This should mean I'll be fine as long as I get both the boarding passes at the origin right ?

Our transfer passengers, coming from an international point and continuing to an international destination with Turkish Airlines, whose flight routes are arranged with a single ticket*
  • Disembark from the aircraft with your cabin baggage only and continue directly to the boarding gate without conducting any flight or passport procedures.
  • If you have not obtained a boarding pass for a flight you will continue to at the first exit point, go to the “Transit Check-in” counter firstly.
*Including passengers whose routes are arranged with a single ticket with Star Alliance member airlines or airlines having a codeshare flight agreement with Turkish Airlines.

going2CA

Sep 16, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
17-10-2019
Passport Req..
09-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2020
LANDED..........
27-8-2020
Has anyone here done the Frankfurt connection successfully? Pls share experiences

Reactions: rvk123