+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traveling back to Canada with valid PGWP without job offer

zhu9

Jan 15, 2021
I received my PGWP in 2019, after that I travel back to my home country to meet my family, then the pandemic happened and I decided to postpone my return considering the situation.

Now I'm vaccinated and decide its time to return. During this time I still pay my rent and utility bills (mobile, internet, insurance) in Canada. Does this consider as "normally live in Canada"?

Also do I need to bring medical exam result (the immigration exam, not covid) upon entry?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It will be at the discretion of officers whether being out of the country since 2019 but paying bills in considered living in Canada. You need a negative Covid test, booked 3 day mandatory hotel quarantine and 11 day quarantine plan. Go to the website for up to date travel information.

Ragcan

Aug 1, 2017
Hey bro I’m on open work permit with valid trv. Got both before covid and within canada. I booked flight back home for surgery after some time covid happen.so now I’m planning to go back to canada as i have house there and paying my mobile bill and gym membership. I don’t have a job. But i have check the ircc site and it’s say if you normally living there and have valid permit. I fulfil this condition. Many of my friends travel back to canada without job offer without any problem. No one asked about job at delhi airport and Canada immigration. It’s very strange some people able to travel and some not.

Ragcan

Aug 1, 2017
I received my PGWP in 2019, after that I travel back to my home country to meet my family, then the pandemic happened and I decided to postpone my return considering the situation.

Now I'm vaccinated and decide its time to return. During this time I still pay my rent and utility bills (mobile, internet, insurance) in Canada. Does this consider as "normally live in Canada"?

Also do I need to bring medical exam result (the immigration exam, not covid) upon entry?
You can travel back as you said you have proof of rent and paying your bill but remember it’s a risky gamble. It’s just you have convinced the airline crew that your travel is important right now as open work permit issued only one time. For the job offer idk any employer will give a job letter from india specially right now in covid time.