Jan 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2016
Naavy100 said:
We did that during our initial landing , no problems faced
hi Naavy100, thanks for your reply.
You did that as well?
Some said that:
1. While leaving Canada, we shall enter immigration and we need to present our PR card, is it?
2. CIC has specified that as from March 2016, all PR holder leaving or entering Canada must show their PR card. If you need to leave before your PR card is ready you can apply for a temporary permit to leave. Do i need to go to Canadian Embassy in Spore to apply for temporary permit to leave. It is called Permanent resident travel doc (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/travel-document/). Do i need to apply for this as soon as possible or better wait until the pr card arrives?

One question: Do you know when approximately the pr card shall arrive to the address after landing at point of entry?

Thx thx thx!

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
skidmarkz said:
My friend, here it is

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
Thanks.

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
skidmarkz said:
hi Naavy100, thanks for your reply.
You did that as well?
Some said that:
1. While leaving Canada, we shall enter immigration and we need to present our PR card, is it?
2. CIC has specified that as from March 2016, all PR holder leaving or entering Canada must show their PR card. If you need to leave before your PR card is ready you can apply for a temporary permit to leave. Do i need to go to Canadian Embassy in Spore to apply for temporary permit to leave. It is called Permanent resident travel doc (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/travel-document/). Do i need to apply for this as soon as possible or better wait until the pr card arrives?

One question: Do you know when approximately the pr card shall arrive to the address after landing at point of entry?

Thx thx thx!
Dude you misleading people with your comments..
Can you tell us where it states that from March 2016, you will need your PR card to exit Canada ? For reentry yes, but for Exit ??
I dont see any such info:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=064&t=10

skidmarkz

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
CIVIL ENGINEER
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
13-02-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2016
atzquebec said:
Dude you misleading people with your comments..
Can you tell us where it states that from March 2016, you will need your PR card to exit Canada ? For reentry yes, but for Exit ??
I dont see any such info:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=064&t=10
Hi Atzquebec, i just heard from some people. If it is okay to leave Canada without PR so later in the future we can arrive at Canadian airport with PR without hassles, it's perfectly cool and I will be glad with it.

i read some comments on the other forum room (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-i-leave-canada-before-i-receive-my-pr-card-t278372.0.html;msg4862988#msg4862988)

xu
Ratings: +0
[Good] [Poor]

can i leave canada before i receive my PR card
« on: April 05, 2015, 12:11:19 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
I landed at toronto airport on 16 march 2015. my question is if i can leave Canada before i receive my PR card?
my work require my travel a lot. i don't know if i will have trouble to come back to canada without a PR card. but i do still have my landing paper and visa and work permit with me. thanks for answering my question
Report to moderator Logged
rezafc

Ratings: +24
[Good] [Poor]

LANDED..........: 01-08-2014

Re: can i leave canada before i receive my PR card
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 01:20:10 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote
No! You most probably will have problems getting back. The current PR processing time is 25 days. Just stay patient!

Atzquebec, i got this on the other web forum as well (http://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/40#41408038)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by twaj: 10:49am On Dec 28
JesusDWay:

1.) Well....I'm yet to see anyone who had yellow flag while entering Canada again after leaving initially although, they must not know that you left the country and weren't around as at the time they'll mail your card to the address provided.

2.) You use your Naija passport when leaving Canada, I'm yet to see anyone who was asked for PR Card while leaving Canada.

Pls note that CIC has specified that as from March 2016, all PR holder leaving or entering Canada must show their PR card. If you need to leave before your PR card is ready you can apply for a temporary permit to leave.
(Quote) (Report) 2 Likes (Like) (Share)

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
skidmarkz said:
Hi Atzquebec, i just heard from some people. If it is okay to leave Canada without PR so later in the future we can arrive at Canadian airport with PR without hassles, it's perfectly cool and I will be glad with it.

i read some comments on the other forum room (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/can-i-leave-canada-before-i-receive-my-pr-card-t278372.0.html;msg4862988#msg4862988)

xu
[Good] [Poor]

Reply with quoteQuote
I landed at toronto airport on 16 march 2015. my question is if i can leave Canada before i receive my PR card?
my work require my travel a lot. i don't know if i will have trouble to come back to canada without a PR card. but i do still have my landing paper and visa and work permit with me. thanks for answering my question
rezafc

[Good] [Poor]

Reply with quoteQuote
No! You most probably will have problems getting back. The current PR processing time is 25 days. Just stay patient!

Atzquebec, i got this on the other web forum as well (http://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/40#41408038)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by twaj: 10:49am On Dec 28
JesusDWay:

1.) Well....I'm yet to see anyone who had yellow flag while entering Canada again after leaving initially although, they must not know that you left the country and weren't around as at the time they'll mail your card to the address provided.

2.) You use your Naija passport when leaving Canada, I'm yet to see anyone who was asked for PR Card while leaving Canada.

Pls note that CIC has specified that as from March 2016, all PR holder leaving or entering Canada must show their PR card. If you need to leave before your PR card is ready you can apply for a temporary permit to leave.
I think you should listen to what CIC is saying..Its cleary mentioned that from March 2016 to reenter Canada by a commercial transportation mode such as an airplane, you will be need your PR cards, and they are very specific about this..No where its mentioned to exit you need PR Cards.

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
skidmarkz said:

xu
[Good] [Poor]

Reply with quoteQuote
rezafc

[Good] [Poor]

Reply with quoteQuote

JesusDWay:

check this out:

Hello,

Some updates from me on landing experience - Did a quick landing in Toronto in the morning and took the flight out of Canada in the evening. The process did not take much time apart from the wait at the long immigration queue which were there largely due to the many refugees cases being scrutinised. Gave BC address of my relatives for the PR Card which shall be sent in 6-8 "government" weeks and also applied for SIN(Social Insurance Number) which was generated on the spot and provided to me. Nobody asked me for any proof of funds. Tey simply asked me how much money was i carrying and I mentioned around 500CAD in cash and thats it. They just followed it up with "Welcome to Canada".
Did a short tour of Toronto post that and came back to airport for return since I plan to make the final move in 6-12 months. Most of the immigration staff were very friendly and welcoming. I was a bit worried about queries arising regarding the short trip since I was returning in the evening but this question never arose.
All in all, a very good first impression of Canada.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-in-canada-all-you-need-to-know-t36735.5685.html

skidmarkz

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
CIVIL ENGINEER
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
13-02-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2016
Dear Atzquebec,

Yes I understand that re-entering Canada and leaving Canada are 2 different tasks.

Definitely by any means, re-entering is much more complicated compared to leaving. It requires us to bring our PR card.

And leaving does not requiring any PR card. Just want to double check with you guys in the forum for those who had the same experience.

Thank you for the info and I did not mean misleading you guys by my previous comment. I got that comment from the other forum which I want to counter check with you here.

canrushi

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2014
Nomination.....
24-12-2014
IELTS Request
Already sent with appln
Med's Request
30-03-2015 (Still MR for child is pending)
Med's Done....
Me and Spouse - 15th March, Kid - 5th May... 3rd line - 12th May
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-07-2015
Hello all,

would like to know If I can travel from Toronto to Mumbai via London without PR card? I will be having connecting flight at London Heathrow. As per UK Visa requirement Canadian PR holders are exempted from transit visa, but what if a person doesn't have PR card during travel?