Travel without PR card

Beltex

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
I am a recently landed PR. Acordinding to CIC the wait time for PR card processing is 5 months. I need to travel back to the UK for a few days next month by which time I won't have a PR card. Question is can I return to Canada with my COPR because I would not be in the UK long enough to obtain a PRTD?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

I am a recently landed PR. Acordinding to CIC the wait time for PR card processing is 5 months. I need to travel back to the UK for a few days next month by which time I won't have a PR card. Question is can I return to Canada with my COPR because I would not be in the UK long enough to obtain a PRTD?
1. No, you won't be allowed to board, you need a PRTD.

Beltex

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
HI

1. No, you won't be allowed to board, you need a PRTD.
I thought as much. The difficulty is you need to send your passport in to them to have the PRTD processed but you need your passport to travel otherwise I could have applied for the travel document before leaving for the UK and had it posted to a UK address ready to collect for my return. If I understand correctly you can go to the High Commission in person for the document, do they actually process it while you wait and has anyone done it this way this way?