+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel while Canada citizen application submitted

Jack-Can

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
Hi All , I submitted my citizenship application last month October 2020. I am planning to go out for vacation in December in Turkey other than my home country , is it okay if I go out for vacation while application is in there at cic , please advise

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Hi All , I submitted my citizenship application last month October 2020. I am planning to go out for vacation in December in Turkey other than my home country , is it okay if I go out for vacation while application is in there at cic , please advise
Yes no problem. It will take another 2-3 months to receive your formal acknowledgement followed by some more months of processing till you get the test invite and oath ceremony.
You are free to travel after applying for the citizenship and during the processing, just that you should be available in Canada for the test and oath when they invite.
All the best!

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Yes, you can travel elsewhere.
IRCC advises to let them know via webform to avoid receiving a test invitation while you're outside the country. Or, that's how it used to work before the pandemic...

Also, obviously, my answer above is strictly related to your citizenship application, you already know all the caveats for the international travels during covid times already!