+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel to Canada as visitor accompanying PR

Everknight

Jun 20, 2017
I am a PR but I had to travel to my home country due to a family emergency. I am planning to flight back to Canada together with my mother who already has a Visitor visa. She is planning to stay for about 3 months.

Is there any issue entering Canada together due to the covid restrictions as she is just a visitor? Does she also need an IRCC authorization to enter Canada?

Thanks for any help!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, she does not need a written authorization from IRCC to enter Canada.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html

How to unite with your family member in Canada
You do not need a written authorization from us confirming that you’re exempt from the travel restrictions.

However, to board your flight to Canada, you must

• follow all airline requirements and pass a health check conducted by airline officials to confirm that you don’t have symptoms of COVID-19, including a fever, a cough and difficulty breathing
    • Anyone showing symptoms will not be allowed to board a flight to Canada.
  • tell the airline that you’re exempt from the travel restrictions
  • make sure you have a valid travel document (visitor visa or electronic travel authorization [eTA], if required) and a passport that is valid to come to Canada
  • present proof to show that you’re an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or Canadian permanent resident
  • show that you’re eligible to travelat this time
    • You must be able to provide evidence of one of the following:
      • You’ll stay in Canada for 15 days or more.
      • You’re travelling for a non-discretionary purpose.
Documents to use as proof that you’re an immediate family member
You must have 2 types of documents:

• one that shows your immediate family member’s status as a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident
  • one that shows your relationship to that family member

Reactions: Everknight