+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel restrictions for international students

Kimduannhi

Aug 26, 2020
Hello everyone. I would like to ask if your countries have this travel restrictions for international students who travel to Canada? In Vietnam, some airlines have announced that international students can arrive on Canada up to 30-day before the program start date on the LOA. Some of my friends failed to fly even though they were only 32-35 days early. I have searched for this information on the government website (cic) but I can't find this, about not flying as early as above. I find this quite absurd.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hello everyone. I would like to ask if your countries have this travel restrictions for international students who travel to Canada? In Vietnam, some airlines have announced that international students can arrive on Canada up to 30-day before the program start date on the LOA. Some of my friends failed to fly even though they were only 32-35 days early. I have searched for this information on the government website (cic) but I can't find this, about not flying as early as above. I find this quite absurd.
Not absurd. That is the latest update from CIC, that's why airlines are also insisting on it. There's been lots of discussions on this in the forum lately and people have shared screenshots from IRCC, their discussions with CBSA as well as personal experiences of being turned back.

Travel earlier that the 30-day stipulated at your own peril.