+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel records

Dana.D

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Does asking for my travel records before submitting my citizenship application affect the application by any way?
If someone has done this before, What are possible ways to get these records?

Thank you

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Does asking for my travel records before submitting my citizenship application affect the application by any way?

Thank you
You can ask CBSA for copy of your travel records based on your PR history. This is free and it takes about 2 months to get this info from them.

It does not affect your application.

Dana.D

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
You can ask CBSA for copy of your travel records based on your PR history. This is free and it takes about 2 months to get this info from them.

Do you know what to select for "Which type of records do you wish to request?" Is it Case files or Corporate records. And btw is it Privacy act or Access to information?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Do you know what to select for "Which type of records do you wish to request?" Is it Case files or Corporate records. And btw is it Privacy act or Access to information?
It is Case Files and Access to information.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016

Thank you
None of the officers ever asked for cbsa reports as they do get it from them and verify if the officer wanted to verify on the travel dates.
Some officers asked only for US travel records, never seen a post for asking to get cbsa travel records. Not sure why you need to get it when they will only verify your dates you mention in the application.

The depts are mostly not sharing information but the website says we dont need to request records for citizenship application.

Dana.D

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
None of the officers ever asked for cbsa reports as they do get it from them and verify if the officer wanted to verify on the travel dates.
Some officers asked only for US travel records, never seen a post for asking to get cbsa travel records. Not sure why you need to get it when they will only verify your dates you mention in the application.

The depts are mostly not sharing information but the website says we dont need to request records for citizenship application.
I want to get the records just to make sure the info I put in the days calculator will match the CBSA records. Just for peace of mind