+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

travel preparations - quarantine plan

okjaber

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Hi guys, if my winter 2021 program delivery is fully online, will i still be eligible to travel to Canada considering my DLI has approved covid readiness plan.
Yes, but when you meet the immigration officer in the airport you must tell him what made you decide to travel and not staying home, ie

limited internet bandwidth
Time difference
Lab workshops
Etc

as said on the website of my University

Mark_0214

Oct 2, 2020
Yes, but when you meet the immigration officer in the airport you must tell him what made you decide to travel and not staying home, ie

Time difference
Lab workshops
Etc

Alright. Thanks man!

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020

Time difference
Lab workshops
Etc

But it must be noted that even if all the above is not prevalent, you still are allowed to travel to Canada as per the updated travel restrictions. As in, even if all classes are online, time difference is not an issue, your internet back home is decent - your travel is still not considered restricted since your DLI is on the list.

Reactions: jbdot0941

Muhonzajudy

Star Member
May 5, 2019
Yes and i have the POE and a stamped passport
How long did it take for you to get your passport back? From the day you received a confirmation email from VFS thst ypir documents have been sent to IRCC to the day you got it back?
Also where did you apply from?

Muhonzajudy

Star Member
May 5, 2019
Wo
In tunisia they do it differently the embassy sent me an invitation to submit my passport and they stamped it in 5 minutes
Wow. Nice, wish it was the same everywhere. Sent mine on Wednesday, hoping they finalize by end of next week

jbdot0941

Jan 23, 2019

Time difference
Lab workshops
Etc

Dude please let me know the name of this university.
I'll make sure I'll never join it. The lameity in those reasons is higher than burj khalifa

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
Hi
should I prepare the quarantine plan?
Is there anything to do before traveling to Montreal?
Of course you should, my daughter's quarantine plan is 4 pages long, it details in exact detail her travel route, the shops she can use during quarantine, the room service she'll receive in residence, the costs of the room and food, the covid testing procedures, the emergency contacts, address of local hospital.

Adeti

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Of course you should, my daughter's quarantine plan is 4 pages long, it details in exact detail her travel route, the shops she can use during quarantine, the room service she'll receive in residence, the costs of the room and food, the covid testing procedures, the emergency contacts, address of local hospital.
I'm planning to enter Montreal as well can you please tell me the quarantine plan a bit more specifically i could not find a good housing

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
I'm planning to enter Montreal as well can you please tell me the quarantine plan a bit more specifically i could not find a good housing
I think you need to write your own plan, my daughter wrote hers, she's just 18. Does your university bnot have its own residences?

Bluejayscardinals

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
Any university or college that has been approved has a quarantine plan in place. Sign up for it, print out the plan, bring a printed copy with you.

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
You should have an individualised pla , deatss of how you will travel to quarantine, where you'll get food, where nearest testing centre is etc. It's basic stuff.