+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRAVEL: Non Immigrant Visit Visa to USA (Advice after refusal) - Canadian PR

shakeyy

Dec 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied for a visit visa and got denied 2 days ago, Im only 5 months as PR (got through sponsorship), 2 months in my full time job. has two sisters and parents as permanent residents. my only catch is, I have an american bf, the consul didnt tell me why i got denied, he just denied me for 214b..

We don't have plans yet to get married yet, we just want to visit each other as much as we can, and he is running out of his time off. I'm staying with my job, I rent a house and all bills under my name, how do u think i should proceed with this application? when is the best time for me to reapply?

I dont want to lie, nor change my purpose because it's already in their record that I have a bf there. they even knew that he visited me and asked about it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm not sure there's much you can do other than wait. It's not unusual for new PRs to be refused. I would wait until you've been in Canada for a year and try applying again.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You did not satisfy the consular officer you had non immigrant intent...as far as she/he was concerned your ties to Canada other than your PR are not that strong...new to the country, short term employment. Without getting personal he/she likely looked at your age, income level, job stability. The bf was the final red flag. On the assumption he is a US Citizen what is to stop you getting married during your visit and applying to adjust status?

Don't apply again until your circumstances in Canada change significantly e.g. if you had a mortgage your ties would be stronger or you have been here for the plus 1 year mark as suggested above. This would enable you to have additional ties.

In the meantime bf travels to Canada or you meet up in a third country where you are both visa exempt or your PR enables such e.g. Mexico.