+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel insurance for Ontario http://www.biis.ca ???

dctcanada999

Nov 17, 2010
Dear Seniors,
I visited the http://www.biis.ca website for travel insurance. Seems like we need to apply for a quote 72 hrs before travel. We have Canadian PR and will be landing in Toronto by Jan 2011 . Have some questions abt this website for travel insurance
1.Do I have to fill it only somewhere nearing my date of travel ?
2. What do I fill in for the daily rate? We are a family of 3 members, me, my husband and 6 yr old daughter.
3. What abt the sum insured for the three of us? What abt tax?

None of us have any major illness , so it will be the minimum amt. Seniors who have used this, pls advise. I will be travelling only by Jan 15 2011 ( not booked tickets as yet!) but wanted to know ahead of time so that it is set for us before we travel.

Would rather prefer to book the insurance online before travel than after we reach there so travel is hassle free too!

Since we need to give our credit card details, wanted to be sure of these answers before submitting it online.
Thanks to all
dctcanada999

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) You can buy the insurance ahead of time (say 1 month earlier); minimum 72 hrs before your departure
2) You don't have to fillin the rate. They update automatically after you filled in all your family info
3) I only know that you have to pay by credit card (tax include I assume)

dctcanada999

Nov 17, 2010
Thank you Steaky! I will fill in the details of the travel insurance before we leave for Canada!
God Bless!!!
dctcanada999

MonicaC3

Sep 23, 2010
Hi dctcanada999,
Congrats.We are also planning to reach canada by Feb 2011.We are also a family of three with similar surrounding.Could you please let me know as to what the gross premium would be?
Cheers,
Monica.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's easy. Just use the link and enter the numbers and you can get the premium in no time!

gocanada963

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Can anyone help with my following queries?

1.biis.ca responded to my request for quote but I am not getting the point on their non-coverage for dental and regular dr.check up. How much does such stuff cost without insurance. Are all these temporary insurances like this?
2. We are a family of 3, how much should I go for the insurance coverage limit? is 10,000 CAD ok? (sorry this looks like a repeat question)

Thanks for your help

haver

May 30, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

The mentioned company is brokerage company like mine. So, I don't know what product they offer to you. I will explain in general.

1) For the first 3 months you are buying emergency medical coverage only. The regular check-up is never included. The coverage is for emergency only. Does not matter what company is that. It is also can cover dental emergency only.

2) I suggest to buy as much maximum coverage as you think reasonable for your family and you.
For example, as usual coverage for $100,000 just 20% more expensive than $50,000. The family coverage is cheaper than separate for each member. The maximum coverage from Travel Underwriters is $200,000. From Manulife and TIC is $150,000.

These are major Canadian insurance companies which specialize in visitors to Canada insurance. You can click on my link and play with numbers and choose which one is better for you.

I would appreciate any further questions. The bad questions are never exist but answers do.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Travel insurance for Ontario

haver said:
I am an insurance agent for over 10years.
If you buy Manulife Medical insurance before arrival day , you will be covered since you arrive.

This is good for January 2011. The rules can be changed. Here are three other travel medical insurance companies you can use to buy visitors to Canada insurance.
If I'm already a visitor in Canada and would like to purchase medical insurance for myself, how does it work?