+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel Information History Form

dublinfunk

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Hi,

CIC replied and requesting additional documents from me, Travel Information History Form. However, I tried downloading it and the link does not work.

Can I just put in the details of my travel dates they are requesting as it appears in the travel history form and send it to them?

Also, if someone can point me to where I can download / view it would be greatly appreciated.

dublinfunk

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
thanks, actually CIC did not specify a specific form. They just said this:

Travel History Infor Form: Information on your previous trips including citizenship and resident document information. Can you please complete and verify for the following dates from September 2008 to October 2009. Please complete all travel history

I made a blunder:( I wrote the details in a letter (from and to) and submitted the pdf letter to them only to find out there is an actual travel history information form. In the letter they requested they did not specify IM5562e they just said the info above :(

I already signed and submitted the additional document request :( There is no facility to submit another one in myCIC document.

What do you think I should do?

dublinfunk

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Thanks Dan_and. I do hope they are after substance over form on this one. I also filled out im5562e and when generated, it is over 4MB. So what I did is I just printed it out then sent it in the case specific inquiry stating my UCI number and just explained the matter. Good Thing im5562e did not require signature otherwise it could be technicality.

In any case, will update everyone if I hear anything from CIC. Hopefully this resolves the issue.

Cheers!

IgnacioValls

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys, need your help regarding travel history.
I have lived in 3 countries (Origin + 2 countries working)
For my origin (Spain) i am clear, all the trips i made from Spain, even there is no stamp in the passport, i remember them. For example:
02/2011-02-2011 3 days Oslo, Norway Tourism
04/2011-05-2011 7 days Rome, Italy Visit friends
[...]
Now the problem is in my next country of residence (China), where i was 1 year with tourist visa and 1 year with working visa (Resident).
During that time i went a lot of times to Hong Kong (I was a half hour trip, and i need it to go for different reasons as Visa renewal, consulate matters, tourism, etc.) I have many one day or weekend trip.
My question is, i have to include only the times i went to hong kong, or also when i came to china?
For example, i should just put:
01/2013-02-2014 370 days Shenzhen, China Work
02/2013-02-2013 1 days Hong Kong Visa Renewal
04/2013-05-2013 3 days Hong Kong Tourism
[...]
or
01/2013-02-2013 36 days Shenzhen, China Work
02/2013-04-2013 52 days Shenzhen, China Working
05/2013-06-2013 30 days Shenzhen, China Working
[...]
*Like this during two years (Not including trips to my origin country)
My current country (Hong Kong) is easy, as i am resident here i only include trips to other countries are not my origin.
The problem is in my stay in China. Also i don't know if there is difference between when i had Working visa and Tourist Visa.
Appreciate if someone can help.

sudeep.chatterjee

Jul 5, 2016
Toronto
dan_and said:
Is this what you are looking for? I just googled "cic travel history form".
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5562E.pdf

Just ensure the form number is the same that CIC are asking you to complete.

Note: You can't open this file in a web viewer. You need to use the proper Adobe Acrobat reader to view and edit it.
Hey Dan,
Had a query regarding my travel history:
I had travelled to Hong Kong and it gives visa on arrival.
And they had given me a small piece of paper as the visa and there wasnt any stamps on my visa from HongKong.
And that paper now has smudged and nothing is visible on it.
But the entry and exit stamps from Mumbai airport is there on my passport.
will this be a problem for CIC. I can provide the Boarding Passes for my flight. and also the flight ticket for the same, but in case of the flight ticket, its just a simple word document listing down the details of the flight.

please adivise if this will be fine or will be a problem and how to approach it. Thanks!

Hitesh27j

Jun 6, 2017
Hello guys, need your help regarding travel history.
I have lived in 3 countries (Origin + 2 countries working)
For my origin (Spain) i am clear, all the trips i made from Spain, even there is no stamp in the passport, i remember them. For example:
02/2011-02-2011 3 days Oslo, Norway Tourism
04/2011-05-2011 7 days Rome, Italy Visit friends
[...]
Now the problem is in my next country of residence (China), where i was 1 year with tourist visa and 1 year with working visa (Resident).
During that time i went a lot of times to Hong Kong (I was a half hour trip, and i need it to go for different reasons as Visa renewal, consulate matters, tourism, etc.) I have many one day or weekend trip.
My question is, i have to include only the times i went to hong kong, or also when i came to china?
For example, i should just put:
01/2013-02-2014 370 days Shenzhen, China Work
[...]
or
01/2013-02-2013 36 days Shenzhen, China Work
02/2013-04-2013 52 days Shenzhen, China Working
05/2013-06-2013 30 days Shenzhen, China Working
[...]
*Like this during two years (Not including trips to my origin country)
My current country (Hong Kong) is easy, as i am resident here i only include trips to other countries are not my origin.
The problem is in my stay in China. Also i don't know if there is difference between when i had Working visa and Tourist Visa.
Appreciate if someone can help.
Hi Ignacio,

I am facing the same trouble. Have been to Singapore for 18 months and traveled to neighboring countries (Indonesia and Malaysia several times) and my home in India as well. Tough I stayed for over 18 months, Never stayed there at a stretch for more than 6 months. Please suggest what I should be doing in such scenario. Also, let me know how the solution worked out for you?