+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel history

PRin2024

Feb 13, 2021
Hi, I have a query regarding travel history. I traveled to singapore in 2015. 2 days there and then we went on one day trip in a cruise and returned to singapore. Dint land on any country. I dont have documents for travelling in cruise as it was a company funded trip, but my passport has been stamped in singapore cruise center for the trip.Do I need to produce any document for the exact ship I travelled ? Senior members help @legalfalcon @scylla @canuck78 @cansha @armoured

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, I have a query regarding travel history. I traveled to singapore in 2015. 2 days there and then we went on one day trip in a cruise and returned to singapore. Dint land on any country. I dont have documents for travelling in cruise as it was a company funded trip, but my passport has been stamped in singapore cruise center for the trip.Do I need to produce any document for the exact ship I travelled ? Senior members help @legalfalcon @scylla @canuck78 @cansha @armoured
What is the purpose for which you're creating this travel history? It's not really possible to tell you what you need to prove it without knowing what it's for.

And in a pinch - follow the instructions. In fact, follow the instructions even when you're not in a pinch. Mostly you're not required to produce proof but rather show what you have (massively generalizing here) and they will make further inquiries if they think it's necessary (which will most likely be because you have some credibility issue or contradictory information).

And then, if in doubt, provide what you have and a short letter of explanation. Most likely no-one will remotely care that you have (presumably) exit and entry stamps from the singapore cruise centre because it probably means you were on a cruise, and that with an LOE will likely be sufficient.

If they are concerned that you are a super-spy who left the cruise ship with scuba gear and somehow flown to north korea for de-briefing and returned to the cruise ship unnoticed - well, if they think that, you have bigger problems.

Reactions: dpenabill

PRin2024

Feb 13, 2021
Hi, Sorry . I have no credibility issues. I may have failed to express the issue properly because of limited english proficiency. I travelled to singapore and one day in that trip was in cruise. I dont have plane or any tickets for the whole trip because it was bulk booked my company. Since it was 6 years ago, I have nothi
ng but stamping in passport. I am applying for work permit. I may apply for PR in future. at that time, if they ask for cruise tickets(As I know, I have to give day by day travel history) I dont have. when i posted this, thought I will ask my old company for any information available now itself. But I called them . Everyone who worked with me is not working there now. no proper response from them. If passport alone is enough, I will put this behind me.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, Sorry . I have no credibility issues. I may have failed to express the issue properly because of limited english proficiency. I travelled to singapore and one day in that trip was in cruise. I dont have plane or any tickets for the whole trip because it was bulk booked my company. Since it was 6 years ago, I have nothi
ng but stamping in passport. I am applying for work permit. I may apply for PR in future. at that time, if they ask for cruise tickets(As I know, I have to give day by day travel history) I dont have. when i posted this, thought I will ask my old company for any information available now itself. But I called them . Everyone who worked with me is not working there now. no proper response from them. If passport alone is enough, I will put this behind me.
Yes, for the most part, you'll just be listing the dates of your travel and the reason for it, in some cases with supporting information (passport stamps or occasionally more detail). Read the instructions - if they don't specifically ask for or require proof or documentation, don't provide it.

IRCC can and will ask for more information/supporting documentation if they believe needed. This does not necessarily mean 'proof' in a legal sense. So overall no sense in worrying too much in advance.

Lots of applicants have challenging travel histories and (now that fewer countries even stamp at all) sometimes don't know precise dates (although best to explain if you don't). The travel history is used for different purposes, but for many applicants, may be primarily about potential criminality and security - so your cruise probably far down the list of concerns.

(Note: travel history and/or presence in Canada may be required in more detail with supporting documentation for permanent residents at various points - depending on circumstances and type of application. Precise dates in Canada ie. entry/exit dates notably for permanent residents/citizenship applicants.)

Didn't mean to imply you had 'credibility issues', which I meant more as shorthand for particularly complex cases or where dates did not seem to match or other types of unrelated matters. The point is they're rarely checking every single date in detail, but only where it matters.

PRin2024

Feb 13, 2021
Didn't mean to imply you had 'credibility issues', which I meant more as shorthand for particularly complex cases or where dates did not seem to match or other types of unrelated matters. The point is they're rarely checking every single date in detail, but only where it matters.
ok ok . My mistake. I misunderstood. I have plenty of photos to prove if need arises. Just not the tickets. Anyway. Im a typical housewife from India. They wont have any concern for security in my profile. Thanks for taking time.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
ok ok . My mistake. I misunderstood. I have plenty of photos to prove if need arises. Just not the tickets. Anyway. Im a typical housewife from India. They wont have any concern for security in my profile. Thanks for taking time.
I doubt they'll have any questions or ask for further documentation about your singapore trip at all. Good luck.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
This is a non-issue and you're way overthinking this.

Reactions: armoured