+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel history

Alt_

Aug 21, 2019
I have troubles with filling of travel history in my Express Entry application. I've had 55 trips for 10 years. Almost every trip includes several cities and countries. Do I have to enter specific dates for every place which I visited?
Examples of difficult cases:
1) I drove 2300 km through all Iceland. There were many small villages and campsites where I stayed. I don't remember exactly these places. I even don't have bookings in some of them.
2) I stayed in Slovenia but made short daily trips to Italy. Do I have to mention these visits?
3) I entered to Estonia, got Estonian stamp in my passport, drove 20km and entered to Latvia. Is it required to mention that I visited Estonia? I even didn't stop there.
The Express Entry application has the limitation which allows applicant to enter only 45 records. I've crossed borders about 150 times for last 10 years.

LES1910

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Some of my thoughts:
  1. You have to mention every passport stamp, as you'll be providing copies of those with your passport
  2. Mention each country (so for the 2300km trip through Iceland you just put Iceland)
  3. Try to mention every boarder crossing, but i'd include a note to this end in your LoE and say a more detailed written travel history could be provided upon request and mention you haven't entered any 'high risk' countries (if this is true).

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
You can add the rest in LOE. But yeah dont put cities, they dont care about where you stayed and which hotel you were in.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I have a somewhat similar number of trips, border crossings within EU, Slovenia-to-Italy day trips, etc.
I just entered all of my border crossings, and for multi-country roadtrips I also entered the main countries I visited or stayed the longest.

For example, I entered EU via Poland by car (crossed the border), stayed in Germany, made short trips to Italy and Austria. For Travel History, I entered only Poland (my stamp) and Germany (the country where I stayed the longest).

Also, for the main country of stay I entered a major city (Munich vs Schwangau in Germany) or a region (Sudtirol vs Bressanone in Italy or California vs Santa Cruz in the US)

Reactions: upon

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
I have troubles with filling of travel history in my Express Entry application. I've had 55 trips for 10 years. Almost every trip includes several cities and countries. Do I have to enter specific dates for every place which I visited?
Examples of difficult cases:
1) I drove 2300 km through all Iceland. There were many small villages and campsites where I stayed. I don't remember exactly these places. I even don't have bookings in some of them.
2) I stayed in Slovenia but made short daily trips to Italy. Do I have to mention these visits?
3) I entered to Estonia, got Estonian stamp in my passport, drove 20km and entered to Latvia. Is it required to mention that I visited Estonia? I even didn't stop there.
The Express Entry application has the limitation which allows applicant to enter only 45 records. I've crossed borders about 150 times for last 10 years.
Hi man. What did you end up doing?

Alt_

Aug 21, 2019
Hi man. What did you end up doing?
I created an Excel spreadsheet where I mentioned all countries which I'd visited including transit. Totally there were about 150 lines in this spreadsheet. I attached this file to my application.

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
I created an Excel spreadsheet where I mentioned all countries which I'd visited including transit. Totally there were about 150 lines in this spreadsheet. I attached this file to my application.
Oh wow. How did you remember which countries and when did you cross?!

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
I have a somewhat similar number of trips, border crossings within EU, Slovenia-to-Italy day trips, etc.
I just entered all of my border crossings, and for multi-country roadtrips I also entered the main countries I visited or stayed the longest.

For example, I entered EU via Poland by car (crossed the border), stayed in Germany, made short trips to Italy and Austria. For Travel History, I entered only Poland (my stamp) and Germany (the country where I stayed the longest).

Also, for the main country of stay I entered a major city (Munich vs Schwangau in Germany) or a region (Sudtirol vs Bressanone in Italy or California vs Santa Cruz in the US)
i have something similar. Lots of travel inside EU.

so when you entered Poland to travel history(your stamp of entry to Schengen) you just mentioned 1 day and reason-transit?