+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRAVEL HISTORY

JOHNNYNER

Aug 24, 2016
Hi! I was denied a visitor's visa with the reason of "travel history". I already provided copies of my passport entries and was still denied. can someone here please help me on what to provide to the immigration officer regarding my travel history? here is the situation, I am a seafarer and we travel to other countries a lot., it would be very difficult if not impossible for me to recall all the countries that i visited since not all of the immigration officers in those countries put a stamp on our passport or seaman's booklet and many times that we don't stay long on ports. do i need to give the Canadian visa officer all the countries that i went to?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
JOHNNYNER said:
Hi! I was denied a visitor's visa with the reason of "travel history". I already provided copies of my passport entries and was still denied. can someone here please help me on what to provide to the immigration officer regarding my travel history? here is the situation, I am a seafarer and we travel to other countries a lot., it would be very difficult if not impossible for me to recall all the countries that i visited since not all of the immigration officers in those countries put a stamp on our passport or seaman's booklet and many times that we don't stay long on ports. do i need to give the Canadian visa officer all the countries that i went to?
Travel history should show trips that are similar to the one you are requesting. For example if you ask for 3 weeks vacations in Canada, they would expect to see 3-5 weeks vacations in the USA, in the UK, in Japan... that is something that shows CIC this kind of trips is usual for you.

But... when travel history is mentioned it means that your application is not solid enough to justify the kind of trip you are requesting... so focus more on ties to home country, financial resources, length of visit, etc. Travel history is secondary.

himel420

Jul 18, 2016
Jalex23 said:
Travel history should show trips that are similar to the one you are requesting. For example if you ask for 3 weeks vacations in Canada, they would expect to see 3-5 weeks vacations in the USA, in the UK, in Japan... that is something that shows CIC this kind of trips is usual for you.

But... when travel history is mentioned it means that your application is not solid enough to justify the kind of trip you are requesting... so focus more on ties to home country, financial resources, length of visit, etc. Travel history is secondary.
I have also faced similar problems ... they mentioned two reasons :

1. travel history

2. family ties in canada and in country of residence.

What documents should I provide in order to nullify these two reasons ?

mark29

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
himel420 said:
I have also faced similar problems ... they mentioned two reasons :

1. travel history

2. family ties in canada and in country of residence.

What documents should I provide in order to nullify these two reasons ?
Hello. Did you guys upload your seamans book stamps with all your travels?