+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel History - visiting multiple cities in the same trip

EaTONOty

Sep 29, 2018
I'm completing my travel history and there are a few countries in which I visited multiple cities on the same trip e.g. going to Mexico and visiting both Juarez and Guadalajara for a number of days.

Should I include each of these cities and the corresponding dates in my travel history?

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
Each city corresponds to a separate record in your travel history. The travel history is broken down by cities, not countries.

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
Each city corresponds to a separate record in your travel history. The travel history is broken down by cities, not countries.
Exactly...

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
That cannot be correct, surely! So, for example, I flew to Las Vegas but I also drove to Phoenix, Flagstaff, LA, San Francisco and Reno (not to mention cities in between where I stopped for gas). I would have to do a separate entry for each one? That would literally be hundreds of entries. Not to mention the fact that I will never be able to accurately list all cities...I had enough trouble finding details of all of my trips for the last 10 years!

I have been listing the main city that I have been visiting only. Las Vegas itself is made up of many cities - do I list those also?

schilz

Star Member
Dec 25, 2018
Depends, for the most part don't worry about it.
If I recall correctly IRCC questionnaire asks for country, and the city is a free-field.
What I did was the following, using your example:

City: Ciudad Juarez, Guadalajara
Dates: <Date you entered Mexico> - <Date you left Mexico>

That should be enough, for my particular case I have extensive travel history so I reached a maximum limit of entries in my application so I included a spreadsheet in the supporting documents section that has a detailed breakdown of each trip: country, cities visited, dates, layovers, etc. But unless you have a really long travel history that is probably not needed.

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
That cannot be correct, surely! So, for example, I flew to Las Vegas but I also drove to Phoenix, Flagstaff, LA, San Francisco and Reno (not to mention cities in between where I stopped for gas). I would have to do a separate entry for each one? That would literally be hundreds of entries. Not to mention the fact that I will never be able to accurately list all cities...I had enough trouble finding details of all of my trips for the last 10 years!

I have been listing the main city that I have been visiting only. Las Vegas itself is made up of many cities - do I list those also?
This is the case with Canadian immigration. So yes you have to list each city with dates in detail. However you can omit cities where you just stopped for gas. You can look up your past hotel reservations, flight itineraries, auto rentals and train tickets ..etc. Credit card statements are an excellent source. You can also look up your photo albums and check the dates and look for any geotags or known landmarks. If you are unable to recall some details then you must write and include a letter of explanation in your application.

Please note if you are an American or if you were a U.S. resident during the periods in which you flew to Las Vegas, you don't have to list any of these details at all.

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
Depends, for the most part don't worry about it.
If I recall correctly IRCC questionnaire asks for country, and the city is a free-field.
What I did was the following, using your example:

City: Ciudad Juarez, Guadalajara
Dates: <Date you entered Mexico> - <Date you left Mexico>

That should be enough, for my particular case I have extensive travel history so I reached a maximum limit of entries in my application so I included a spreadsheet in the supporting documents section that has a detailed breakdown of each trip: country, cities visited, dates, layovers, etc. But unless you have a really long travel history that is probably not needed.
City is not optional. In fact you must also write the reason why you visited each city.