+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel History Past 10 Years

Sharonlovescake

Jun 20, 2014
Hi Friends,

I know this question must have been asked numerous times, just want to clarify "what's regard as travel in past 10 years"
Basically Express Entry profile is asking to provide past 10 years of travel record OUTSIDE your country of residence and country of ORIGIN.

I'm a CEC-Inland, so my current country of residence is CANADA. Question,

Does travel to Canada from my home country AND travel to home country from Canada count as TRAVEL?

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sharonlovescake said:
Hi Friends,

I know this question must have been asked numerous times, just want to clarify "what's regard as travel in past 10 years"
Basically Express Entry profile is asking to provide past 10 years of travel record OUTSIDE your country of residence and country of ORIGIN.

Does travel to Canada from my home country AND travel to home country from Canada count as TRAVEL?

first of, you would have to mention your travel history for LAST 10 years or since your 18th birthday whichever comes first . and the travel has to be mentioned based on how many times your passport got stamped you would have to mention each and every stamp

miuonpak

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 21, 2017
Sharonlovescake said:
Hi Friends,

I don't think traveling to home country needs to be filled in. I traveled back to home country for four months in 2013. I did not include that in Travel History, but I mentioned that period in address history.

Sharonlovescake

Jun 20, 2014
OMG_Chakromakro said:
first of, you would have to mention your travel history for LAST 10 years or since your 18th birthday whichever comes first . and the travel has to be mentioned based on how many times your passport got stamped you would have to mention each and every stamp
THANKS ;D
btw, congrats for your ITA

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
miuonpak said:
I don't think traveling to home country needs to be filled in. I traveled back to home country for four months in 2013. I did not include that in Travel History, but I mentioned that period in address history.
sorry thats not true ! you would have to mention this in your travel history as they are going to ask you for your Passport scan and at that point you would have to scan each and every page that is stamped and your bio pages , so if you don;t mention any of your stamps in your travel history ,don't you think they will question as to why it wasn't mentioned in the travel history ? and it doesn't matter where you go , if you leave/enter one country that gets stamped on your passport and CIC is asking you to include that information in your travel section .

miuonpak

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 21, 2017
OMG_Chakromakro said:
sorry thats not true ! you would have to mention this in your travel history as they are going to ask you for your Passport scan and at that point you would have to scan each and every page that is stamped and your bio pages , so if you don;t mention any of your stamps in your travel history ,don't you think they will question as to why it wasn't mentioned in the travel history ? and it doesn't matter where you go , if you leave/enter one country that gets stamped on your passport and CIC is asking you to include that information in your travel section .
OMG really? It does make sense to keep the history consistent with stamps. But CIC says "travel history OUTSIDE your country of residence and country of ORIGIN", how is that supposed to be interpreted?

The stamp thing also leads to another question: I've traveled many times between Canada and the US, when I drive thru the border, both sides don't usually stamp on my passport so there's no stamp for the many trips to the States that I mentioned in travel history. Is that okay for CIC?

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
miuonpak said:
OMG really? It does make sense to keep the history consist with stamps. But CIC says "travel history OUTSIDE your country of residence and country of ORIGIN", how is that supposed to be interpreted?

The stamp thing also leads to another question: I've traveled many times between Canada and the US, when I drive thru the border, both sides don't usually stamp on my passport so there's no stamp for the many trips to the States that I mentioned in travel history. Is that okay for CIC?
so, if they don't see anything contradicting (stamps) in this case then obviously they won't question your applciation,

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Refer to this link if you have further confusions : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/travel-history-confusion-t466542.0.html

PurpleTuzi

Star Member
May 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
11-17-2016
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
10-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
19-01-2017
LANDED..........
10-03-2017
OMG_Chakromakro said:
It's explicitly states to only mention travel outside of your country of residence and country of origin. I didn't mention any travel to and from my country or origin or residence and I didn't have any problems.

cracked

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
When residing in Hong Kong I have travelled 400+ times from Hong Kong to China, they are "one country", but I got a visa stamp each time, do I need to record all of these?

ranjangaur4

Dec 11, 2017
It's explicitly states to only mention travel outside of your country of residence and country of origin. I didn't mention any travel to and from my country or origin or residence and I didn't have any problems.
Sometimes it may be hard to understand what is intended by country of residence, for example, before i became resident, i spent quite a lot of time (about 1 year total) on 2 tourist visas in this country.. Do i enter these periods or not since im a resident now..
To be honest, better to show more than less, so i will be including all the trips outside my country of citizenship, including the 'trips' to country of residence.

robbypunjab

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
hello guys , i have sent cic Travel history already a by checking off did not travel in the form . But Still They sent me this request again which states IMM5562: Please provide a completed IMM5562 (Supplementary Information – Your Travels) including your current country of residence. This must be received at this office by:
i never Travelled Outside of India . can anyone suggest what should i do . thanks