+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel History- Non Accompanying Spouse

worrier123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
I recently updated my application due to the fact that I got married last year. As part of the update I need to provide an IMM5662E form regarding my wife's travel history. She is American and has only left the country in order to visit Mexico on holiday, and then to visit me in Canada in the year we were dating prior to the border closure in March 2020. We've managed to put together what I think is a pretty accurate record of the trips she made to Vancouver based on photos from when we were together etc. usually each trip was a brief one for 3 or 4 days at a time, a couple of times each month, crossing the border by land. There are no records of these trips in her passport with stamps etc. and as far as I can tell I can't request exit/entry data from the CBSA as neither of us are Canadian, and the processing time far outweighs the amount of time I have to submit the requested information to the IRCC. The form simply requires a month and year for each trip, as well as details of how many days it lasted and the reason for the trip, for each one I have simply put our best estimate for how long the trip was, and the 'visiting partner' as the reason for the trip. Is this something to be concerned about?

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
I recently updated my application due to the fact that I got married last year. As part of the update I need to provide an IMM5662E form regarding my wife's travel history. She is American and has only left the country in order to visit Mexico on holiday, and then to visit me in Canada in the year we were dating prior to the border closure in March 2020. We've managed to put together what I think is a pretty accurate record of the trips she made to Vancouver based on photos from when we were together etc. usually each trip was a brief one for 3 or 4 days at a time, a couple of times each month, crossing the border by land. There are no records of these trips in her passport with stamps etc. and as far as I can tell I can't request exit/entry data from the CBSA as neither of us are Canadian, and the processing time far outweighs the amount of time I have to submit the requested information to the IRCC. The form simply requires a month and year for each trip, as well as details of how many days it lasted and the reason for the trip, for each one I have simply put our best estimate for how long the trip was, and the 'visiting partner' as the reason for the trip. Is this something to be concerned about?
No concerns honestly, in as much as you honestly answer the question and they’re true , you both should be good to go. All d best buddy