+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel History: Include Canada?

MapleVivi

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Hi there,

I currently reside in my home country, outside of Canada and have recently received an ITA.

When I tell them my travel history for the past 10 years, do I need to include my time spent in Canada too? I was in Canada for a year on a temp foreign worker visa, 2 years on a student visa, and a year and a half on a post graduate work permit. During these times, I came back to my home country several times. And now I have been living in my home country just over a year.

So under this circumstances, I am not sure if these times when I was in Canada are counted as "trips you have taken outside your country of origin or of residence in the last ten years"?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Tanglechuu

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Yes, you need to tell them any trips that were outside your country of residence. Unless you were living in Canada then the trips will need to be on your travel history.

Reactions: MapleVivi

MapleVivi

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Yes, you need to tell them any trips that were outside your country of residence. Unless you were living in Canada then the trips will need to be on your travel history.
Thanks for your reply.

I WAS living in Canada for about a year on a temp work visa, and 2 years on a student visa, and a year and a half on a post graduate work permit. These times were NOT trips. These were the times I was actually LIVING in Canada. I came back to my home country a few times during these times. And now I am back in my home country. So what do you say?

Tanglechuu

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
Thanks for your reply.

I WAS living in Canada for about a year on a temp work visa, and 2 years on a student visa, and a year and a half on a post graduate work permit. These times were NOT trips. These were the times I was actually LIVING in Canada. I came back to my home country a few times during these times. And now I am back in my home country. So what do you say?
If you visited your home country from Canada, where you were living, then put your home country in the travel instead. Whichever country you were living in doesn't count, but any other country does, I cluding your home country. If you visited Canada while living somewhere else, then you have to put Canada, even if you lived there during a different time.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
If you were living in Canada, it would come under residence history not travel history.

Then you put your address of your residence and the period you were living there.

MapleVivi

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
Thanks guys for your input! I guess, since I've put all the time spent in Canada in the address history section, I won't need to put it down as travel history.

Much appreciated!!

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
If you visited your home country from Canada, where you were living, then put your home country in the travel instead. Whichever country you were living in doesn't count, but any other country does, I cluding your home country. If you visited Canada while living somewhere else, then you have to put Canada, even if you lived there during a different time.
If he was currently living in Canada the. He wouldn’t need to mention trips between Canada and his home country because IRCC asks about travel history between all countries other than countries of residence and of citizenship

nrmn973

Star Member
Feb 27, 2021
If he was currently living in Canada the. He wouldn’t need to mention trips between Canada and his home country because IRCC asks about travel history between all countries other than countries of residence and of citizenship
i have same question.So i studied in canada for 2 yrs got my work permit of 3 years visited home country once in work permit. So i can select ‘No’ in travel history. Right?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I would still mention your trips from your country of residence to your country of citizenship however short.

This way you provide your whereabouts when you were outside of your country of residence and it's easier for them to track where you were and when for their background checks.

Last edited:
Reactions: nrmn973

nrmn973

Star Member
Feb 27, 2021
I would still mention your trips from your country of residence to your country of citizenship however short.

This way you provide your whereabouts when you were outside of your country of residence and it's easier for them to track where you where and when for their background checks.
Got it. Thankuu so much for your answer.
I have another question. I was denied US visitor visa under 214b.
There are Two questions:

Has xxx been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

Has xxx ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Should I answer ‘Yes’ to both questions?