+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel history/immigration status

lcj0412

Jul 23, 2017
Dubai
I am currently staying in UAE for 5 years now, worked for 2 companies. And during that 5 years, i have a 9-month working gap and stayed as tourist while waiting to find another job (i needed to exit the country every 3 months before every tourist visa expires and come back again as tourist until i got my employment visa). Please note that i never overstayed during those times. Would this be a ground for work permit refusal (under travel history/immigration status on country of residence)? Thank you.

Last edited:

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Not explicitly by itself, no. You followed the letter of the law.

However, your application will be considered as a whole, and this can be seen as a way of getting around the rules by not following the intent of the law. Depends on the officer.

lcj0412

Jul 23, 2017
Dubai
Not explicitly by itself, no. You followed the letter of the law.

However, your application will be considered as a whole, and this can be seen as a way of getting around the rules by not following the intent of the law. Depends on the officer.
As UAE is very liberal in giving tourist visa to anyone who wishes to stay as long as you dont overstayed/broke any rules, do you think they will consider this? Please enlighten me with this. Thank you.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
As UAE is very liberal in giving tourist visa to anyone who wishes to stay as long as you dont overstayed/broke any rules, do you think they will consider this? Please enlighten me with this. Thank you.
Sorry, I have no idea. In any case, there's nothing you can do, right? And since you didn't break any rules, just send in your application and assume that everything will be OK. If IRCC has an issue, they will let you know.

Reactions: lcj0412 and k.h.p.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It shows both your willingness to respect visa conditions and your ability to use visa conditions to stay longer than you might otherwise. I wouldn't worry too much about this.

Reactions: lcj0412

lcj0412

Jul 23, 2017
Dubai
It shows both your willingness to respect visa conditions and your ability to use visa conditions to stay longer than you might otherwise. I wouldn't worry too much about this.
Thank you. Hoping and praying for a positive result.