+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel history from Canadian border Agency

Tarekkaki

Oct 22, 2021
Lebanon
I have an expired PR since almost two years and didn't meet my residency obligation. I want to ask for my travel history from Canadian border Agency but afraid if they know that I didn't fulfill my residency obligation they will revoke my status. I am in British Columbia. Canada.
I need to know my exit and entry information

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can make an ATIP request from CBSA asking for entry and exit records. There is no cost and they will NOT revoke your status by simply asking for the information. I suppose it's possible that they could flag you in the system to investigate, but I'm not even sure about that. They would have to issue a 44(1) report to begin any process that could lead to your PR status being revoked.

How close are you to meeting the R.O. (counting backwards from today, going back exactly 5 years)?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After seeing your posts from over a year ago (Oct 2021), I'm now questioning my own advice regarding ordering your travel history from CBSA. I suggest you wait for others to comment and see what they think.

Good luck!

Tarekkaki

Oct 22, 2021
Lebanon
After seeing your posts from over a year ago (Oct 2021), I'm now questioning my own advice regarding ordering your travel history from CBSA. I suggest you wait for others to comment and see what they think.

Good luck!
The reason I asked is because I entered to Canada through Land from USA using my expired card when the officer advised me that I should renew it and let me in . So how they know I am in Canada now so when I meet my residency obligation and apply they know I spent the required period in Canada

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The reason I asked is because I entered to Canada through Land from USA using my expired card when the officer advised me that I should renew it and let me in . So how they know I am in Canada now so when I meet my residency obligation and apply they know I spent the required period in Canada
You were very lucky.

So, why are you now concerned that CBSA may report you if you request your entry/exit records? When did you re-enter Canada?

Tarekkaki

Oct 22, 2021
Lebanon
You were very lucky.

So, why are you now concerned that CBSA may report you if you request your entry/exit records? When did you re-enter Canada?
I entered around Christmas last year and with the months I already have before so I am close to the two years goal . I was thinking about it . I want to make calculations as I really miss my sick mom and dad

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So you believe that you are now close to the required 730 days counting backwards from today, back to 06 Dec 2017? If so, request your travel history.

Just so you know, it's not just the CBSA travel history that IRCC uses when determining if a PR has met the R.S., but it would seem logical that it's a big part of it.

Good luck. I hope you are able to visit your parents very soon.

Reactions: Tarekkaki

Tarekkaki

Oct 22, 2021
Lebanon
So you believe that you are now close to the required 730 days counting backwards from today, back to 06 Dec 2017? If so, request your travel history.

Just so you know, it's not just the CBSA travel history that IRCC uses when determining if a PR has met the R.S., but it would seem logical that it's a big part of it.

Good luck. I hope you are able to visit your parents very soon.
Thank you very much. You know Christmas time is hard if you are alone away from your beloved once . Merry Christmas in advance.

caloca

Nov 20, 2022
they will validate your history of entries into Canada, your history of tax reports, work or studies, etc.

Reactions: Tarekkaki