App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
I am a pakistani national living and working in Saudi Arabia. We go to our home country once in a year on annual vacation. Has this to be included in the travel history. Secondly while I got the job and moved to Saudi, will that trip be also included. Please suggest. Thanks

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1 and PPR2 in June with gap of 10 days .....
VISA ISSUED...
ما شاء الله ,الحمد لله......July 2014......
LANDED..........
September 2014...Living Happily in Vancouver B.C.
I remember you have sent all updated documents to LVO .........or they again ask you for travling history???

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hasni said:
I am a pakistani national living and working in Saudi Arabia. We go to our home country once in a year on annual vacation. Has this to be included in the travel history. Secondly while I got the job and moved to Saudi, will that trip be also included. Please suggest. Thanks
Yes, Every single trip that you had made should be mentioned (Including Origin,Destination cities/countries and date of Departure and arrival (and perhaps even the duration of stay).
This would be verified when you send the photocopies of your passport (and later the original passport) and your visa office would compare the travel history form with the stampings on your passport.

It is always better to be cautious and disclose everything, than assume it's not important/necessary. Hope this helps!

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
No awai, it's just that one of my friends was in the process of filling it and asked me about it. He sounded bit logical to me as there it's mentioned the trips that you took outside your home country or country of residence. So where to place the travels that we make within these two countries, ie home country and country of residence !! btw i had included all my travels including travels between my home country and country of residence.
@tilakk,

I don't think it is taken that seriously, though there should not be huge disparities. Most of my travels are reflected in my old passport copy, will there come a stage when they ask for the old PP copy to verify my travel history...I doubt so. Pls guide if someone has experienced it.

awai ali said:
I remember you have sent all updated documents to LVO .........or they again ask you for travling history???

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hasni said:
No awai, it's just that one of my friends was in the process of filling it and asked me about it. He sounded bit logical to me as there it's mentioned the trips that you took outside your home country or country of residence. So where to place the travels that we make within these two countries, ie home country and country of residence !! btw i had included all my travels including travels between my home country and country of residence.
@ tilakk,

I don't think it is taken that seriously, though there should not be huge disparities. Most of my travels are reflected in my old passport copy, will there come a stage when they ask for the old PP copy to verify my travel history...I doubt so. Pls guide if someone has experienced it.
None of us know for sure how seriously the Visa Officer scrutinizes our cases. My MR/PPT request letter specifically asked me to submit current and expired passports. Also, the "Details of Foreign Travel" form that I had to fill up specifically asks for Country visited,Date of entry/exit and purpose of travel for PA,spouse and children over 18.
It's better to fill it up with the correct data using our expired/current passports, so that there is no risk of delays/misrepresentation if/when the visa officer checks the travel history with the passport records. I am guessing this is a huge part of background/security check, so why not make a conscious effort and give the right details.

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Absolutely one must try and provide the factual details and there remains no reason why one wouldn't. Were you asked to provide the photocopies of your new and old PPs and at which stage ! had you mentioned about your old PP in the app somewhere ! As far as i know you have to attach the photocopy of your valid PP and details of the same has to be reflected in the app, I mean how come they know about our old PP.....is it while verifying the travel info given in the travel history form that belongs to our old PP, they ask for relevant PP!! Has it happened to anyone else here !

tilakk said:
None of us know for sure how seriously the Visa Officer scrutinizes our cases. My MR/PPT request letter specifically asked me to submit current and expired passports. Also, the "Details of Foreign Travel" form that I had to fill up specifically asks for Country visited,Date of entry/exit and purpose of travel for PA,spouse and children over 18.
It's better to fill it up with the correct data using our expired/current passports, so that there is no risk of delays/misrepresentation if/when the visa officer checks the travel history with the passport records. I am guessing this is a huge part of background/security check, so why not make a conscious effort and give the right details.

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hasni said:
Absolutely one must try and provide the factual details and there remains no reason why one wouldn't. Were you asked to provide the photocopies of your new and old PPs and at which stage ! had you mentioned about your old PP in the app somewhere ! As far as i know you have to attach the photocopy of your valid PP and details of the same has to be reflected in the app, I mean how come they know about our old PP.....is it while verifying the travel info given in the travel history form that belongs to our old PP, they ask for relevant PP!! Has it happened to anyone else here !
While submitting my full application to NDVO, I had included photocopies of both expired and current PPT's. (I can't recall if they had specifically asked for the expired ppt photocopy, or if i sent it anyway).
In Indian Passports, new PPT will have the expired PPT number mentioned on the cover page, and hence it would be obvious to the Visa Office that there is a previous PPT.

During MR/PPT request- they had specifically asked for both expired and the current PPT to be sent.

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I guess, probably because you had already included your old PP copy, but in usual practice....I haven't heard anyone saying that with MR / PPR both old and new PPs have been requested, some thing rare I would say. Still your point is solid that give the factual info about travel history :)

tilakk said:
While submitting my full application to NDVO, I had included photocopies of both expired and current PPT's. (I can't recall if they had specifically asked for the expired ppt photocopy, or if i sent it anyway).
In Indian Passports, new PPT will have the expired PPT number mentioned on the cover page, and hence it would be obvious to the Visa Office that there is a previous PPT.

During MR/PPT request- they had specifically asked for both expired and the current PPT to be sent.

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
No need , for travel between country of residence and country of citizenship

Hasni said:

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
When u submit the passport, old pp is already attached with new passport and this is not any new requirement from them

tilakk said:

mikenz

Sep 5, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On the other hand they did not ask me for any travel history or copies of old passports.. Different VO's, I guess..

mobe

Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tilakk said:
Agree, please don't hide anything particularly related to travel history because it will be checked during security & background checks. While filling travel form, I provided them copies of visas & stamping page as proof. Ultimately you have to send your passport. Secondly there are so many ways through which your travel history can be checked only through your passport no. So don't take any risk