Travel from USA and 14 day Isolation

sureshkp

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-Oct-2017
anyone know what would be the procedure after we inform that we are ready to travel or have made travel plans ? will CIC again reviews our application or provide any confirmation again to travel .

despairedh1b

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
Mine is expiring in early August. I haven't raised any webform yet. Anybody here who is planning to land, stay for 14 days and comeback to the US?

tca_2018

May 30, 2018
USA
NOC Code......
I am waiting to go to Calgary to finalize/close an excellent job opportunity and look for housing. I am going to wait till June first week and fly to Canada.
My COPR is expiring in November 2020. I don't want to travel this early but cannot let go of a really good job prospect.

May 23, 2020
1. Submit the request in webform stating that its risky for you and your family's life if you travel in the next few months while there is no cure/treatment methods are available. Tell that you would like the extension of 1 year(just ask without hesitation as its the truth anyway - they may give 3 or 6 months or reject).
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved-before
2. Dont travel in May.
if you really want to travel then travel in June. But wait for the word from cic. If you are close to border then travel via road rather than hitting airports.

Frankly, you should decide if this travel is worth the risk. Cure/Treatment only after months during fall/winter and vaccines after a year hence situation is not good. Hopefully the cic gives extension. But not sure why you are still waiting to apply for extension from cic. Just ask today and tell clearly that its danger for life and you really really need extension for this year end or for 1 year. First apply for extension rather than planning to land. Landing is a simple job.

No one knows if cic will give you extension. So no idea how others can suggest at this situation. Its your call whats is worth and priority for you.
Hi, I planned to do a soft landing to Canada to complete the PR process. I know we have to self-isolate for 14 days. My worry is that I live with my pregnant sister and don’t want to expose her to anything. Is that a good enough reason to have in the webform?

sang1507

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
Hi
My Spouse is a PR holder and currently working on H1 in USA. He hasn't been able to fulfill his residency obligation. The expiry date on the card is marked till 2nd Jul 2020. Since he hasn't been able to travel since the Lockdown, he was hoping to visit us in June. He plans to travel into Canada by road.

1.Would stating the purpose as " Visiting wife and kid/family after 6 months" be considered as a valid reason?
2.Can he legally travel into Canada by the end of the card expiry date stated on the card?

Appreciate your response here.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi
My Spouse is a PR holder and currently working on H1 in USA. He hasn't been able to fulfill his residency obligation. The expiry date on the card is marked till 2nd Jul 2020. Since he hasn't been able to travel since the Lockdown, he was hoping to visit us in June. He plans to travel into Canada by road.

1.Would stating the purpose as " Visiting wife and kid/family after 6 months" be considered as a valid reason?
2.Can he legally travel into Canada by the end of the card expiry date stated on the card?

Appreciate your response here.
If you are a PR then not sure why are you even asking this question.
Residency obligation is nothing to do with the validation of the pr card. It depends on the officer as some gets allowed even without meeting residency obligation or else he will be given 30 days and get reported to meet the judge to prove the residency(failing to prove would be end of his PR).
Either he gets without being reported and can stay for ever or he would get 30 days.

What do you mean "hasn't been able to travel since the Lockdown"? I wonder how he is able to travel during pre-covid period without meeting the residency obligation. Are you sure he has not met 2 years out of 5 years residency?