Travel from USA and 14 day Isolation

sureshkp

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-Oct-2017
Did you apply for extension . What kind of response you got from IRCC.
I have not applied extension and hoping to go for soft landing in first week of June. by mid may picture will be more clear and then I am thinking to apply for extension if I cant go in June , we are two adults and no kids hence I am okay to take risk in June.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
I have not applied extension and hoping to go for soft landing in first week of June. by mid may picture will be more clear and then I am thinking to apply for extension if I cant go in June , we are two adults and no kids hence I am okay to take risk in June.
Similar situation here, COPR expiring in July.
Which country are you in currently? I am in the US and my biggest concern is whether I will be able to return to the US after 14 day isolation or not

Itsmsk66

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
Which country are you in currently? I am in the US and my biggest concern is whether I will be able to return to the US after 14 day isolation or not
Why is returning to US an issue if you have a valid visa ?

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
US could close their border to non essential traffic.
Currently technically the border is closed to non essential traffic.
But it seems the definition of "essential" is quite fluid and up to the CBP border and your good/bad luck :|

I have called 2-3 times and have gotten different answers on whether those with work visas like H1/TN etc can cross the land border currently.
Though all have said can definitely fly back, so that is one option.

sureshkp

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-Oct-2017
I am currently in US and was planning to do soft landing by road .
if you are going by road why we need to self isolate , I am thinking that once the processing is complete turn around and come back to US border to enter again on the same day. lets see how it goes in June .
you said "
"
fly back where ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
if you are going by road why we need to self isolate , I am thinking that once the processing is complete turn around and come back to US border to enter again on the same day. lets see how it goes in June .
you said "
"
fly back where ?
A soft landing where you turned back and reenter the US may be considered non-essential travel.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Currently technically the border is closed to non essential traffic.
But it seems the definition of "essential" is quite fluid and up to the CBP border and your good/bad luck :|

I have called 2-3 times and have gotten different answers on whether those with work visas like H1/TN etc can cross the land border currently.
Essential should really be limited to healthcare workers, utility workers, etc. If you cross once you might get lucky but crossing regularly won’t be possible unless you are truly an essential worker. This is especially the case because !Michigan actually has a pretty high rate of covid. When reentering plan on 14 days of quarantine.

ryeCatcher

Apr 21, 2019
you said "
"
fly back where ?
Where do you want to fly to? :D

Fly back to the US is what I meant. As per my conversations with CBP :

It is currently allowed to fly from from Canada -> US
Land border entry is NOT allowed on an H1/TN visa. Though at times the officer has said they might allow, so its an unclear message.

Complete turn around as you describe is not being allowed by CBSA or the CBP. Though hopefully situation will change.

sureshkp

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-Oct-2017
Where do you want to fly to? :D

Fly back to the US is what I meant. As per my conversations with CBP :

It is currently allowed to fly from from Canada -> US
Land border entry is NOT allowed on an H1/TN visa. Though at times the officer has said they might allow, so its an unclear message.

Complete turn around as you describe is not being allowed by CBSA or the CBP. Though hopefully situation will change.
interesting to know ,so by air visa travel is okay but not by land at this point . Air travel is much more risky and I will not prefer that .
lets see what are the terms and conditions for extension of COPR , if you are July then I think you might have better chance of road travel and re try to US.

sureshkp

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-Oct-2017
per news today :US- Canada Border closer extended for another 30 days , so May 21 is new date.

Itsmsk66

Star Member
Dec 27, 2019
I have applied for extension. Will have to wait and see if I get the generic or a different response. There is a rumor going on that COPRs will automatically get extended for 90 days, could not find this one any official website. Let me know if this is fake news.