+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel experience for immediate family members of Citizen/PR holders

echbee

Star Member
Mar 17, 2017
In light of recent requirements of showing a negative PCR covid report and NOT requiring a written authorization letter from IRCC, I wish to know experiences of people (parents of Canadian citizen/ PR holders) who recently travelled to Canada as my parents plan to travel from Delhi to Toronto via Air India direct flight in the next few days (they already have their TRV and have travelled to Canada once before Covid hit all of us)

1. Any specific process at Delhi airport? Does airline wait for a response from CBSA before issuing boarding pass?
2. As per CBSA website, my parents plan to show the following:
- My PR card
- Valid TRV
- My birth certificate showing their relationship to me.
- Negative PCR Covid 19 report for a test taken within 72 hours of departure.
Is there any other document that they should carry with them?

3. Are they required to show return tickets to proof non-discretionary intent? Any other things I need to worry about?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
They'll be staying with me in my house (in a separate room)
So you need a plan that details how they have a separate bathroom and bedroom and that you will bring all meals to them. That they will not leave their room/go outside or be in the same space as you and your family. If not accepted, then you will have to find them separate accommodations in an airbnb or hotel. Also they will ask how they are getting from the airport to your house (wear masks, sit in back seat etc.).

Last edited: