+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel During The Summer Break

aodelaogei

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020
Hi guys, can we travel to Canada during the summer break, ie, in June or July, which is two or three months before the fall semester begin?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No. Where will you travel during COVID? If you are a student, CBSA only wants you to enter 4-6 weeks before your program starts. You can be sent home if you come earlier.

aodelaogei

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020
No. Where will you travel during COVID? If you are a student, CBSA only wants you to enter 4-6 weeks before your program starts. You can be sent home if you come earlier.
my program started in fall 2020, but the summer is a scheduled break

aodelaogei

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020
so I should wait until 4-6 weeks before the fall semester starts?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys, can we travel to Canada during the summer break, ie, in June or July, which is two or three months before the fall semester begin?
If you are travelling early because you want to work you may have a lot of difficulty finding employment at the moment.

Shayshay_127

Star Member
Oct 3, 2019
My college immigration adviser said it's not a good idea to travel during summer break cuz your main reason is "study" which is obv not why you're going to Canada during the break.
I'd go around the end of April- May to be safe

aodelaogei

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020
My college immigration adviser said it's not a good idea to travel during summer break cuz your main reason is "study" which is obv not why you're going to Canada during the break.
I'd go around the end of April- May to be safe
Yes, that's what I concerned

tina412

Jun 2, 2021
Hey did you end up travelling to Canada? If so, did they let you enter? I am in the same situation as you.