+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel Document Renewal.

Sherbrook

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
Hi folks,

quick question please,do i need to find a guarantor when I renew my travel document!?

because in the website it says you only need one when you are applying for the first passport! I don’t know if this applies to Travel documents as well or not.

any idea?

cpasbirn

Dec 1, 2020
Hi folks,

quick question please,do i need to find a guarantor when I renew my travel document!?

because in the website it says you only need one when you are applying for the first passport! I don’t know if this applies to Travel documents as well or not.

any idea?
Yes you will need a guarantor, it’s basically the same process as getting a first RTD also you have to send back your previous RTD.

Sherbrook

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
Yes you will need a guarantor, it’s basically the same process as getting a first RTD also you have to send back your previous RTD.
Thanks for your reply, another question please, is there a way that I can keep my home country passport this time?

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
Thanks for your reply, another question please, is there a way that I can keep my home country passport this time?
If you have your national passport you must send it with your application for RTD. This rule is very clear & you can find it written next to the signature box of the application.

Sherbrook

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
If you have your national passport you must send it with your application for RTD. This rule is very clear & you can find it written next to the signature box of the application.
I know it’s written and I saw i! But I’m asking for a way to keep it. Coz I need it, not for travel but for other purposes

Kaisa_18

Nov 26, 2018
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
It's a tricky situation. Maybe you can write explanation letter to Gatineau when you submit the application to see if they would approve issuing the RTD? Best of luck

NewinKit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
Hello there, asking on behalf of my friend. She sent her RTD for renewal and she confirmed today that her file was opened.. Can she request it to be processed urgently? Her reason to travel is to attend her only sister's wedding abroad (in a country where COVID is well handled). Can she provide proof and be considered for faster processing? or would she get it soon since her file was opened.

Thanks!!