+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel document question

salt.life1920

Star Member
Jan 20, 2020
I want to apply for the travel document before applying for pr
Im in Windsor how do I apply and where do i go i need guidance and details please

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I want to apply for the travel document before applying for pr
Im in Windsor how do I apply and where do i go i need guidance and details please
Have you looked up the application form? You'll need to mail it because the office is in Quebec just outside of Ottawa.

salt.life1920

Star Member
Jan 20, 2020
Have you looked up the application form? You'll need to mail it because the office is in Quebec just outside of Ottawa.
Ok so fill the application and mail it out.. will they issue it now? Or I’ll have to wait till they officially reopen?

kelepirci

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Ok so fill the application and mail it out.. will they issue it now? Or I’ll have to wait till they officially reopen?
Try your chance. According to official notice; only applicants with urgent reason may apply but I know people in this forum that do not have urgent reason got their RTDs.

And I also want to advice you; not to travel if your reason is not urgent. Because things are getting bad day by day and you may get stuck in the country you are visiting and may not come back to Canada for extended period of time.

JBKJN

Jan 6, 2021
Hi all,

I received the decision of the hearing and then I applied for PR. My question is, can I now travel and stay outside of Canada ( a country except my country of birth) for 6 months? Is there and limitation to to stay outside Canada or I can be in other country with another visitor visa on my travel document?

I will be happy to share your experience about that.
Thank you.

Spogmey

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
Hi all,

I received the decision of the hearing and then I applied for PR. My question is, can I now travel and stay outside of Canada ( a country except my country of birth) for 6 months? Is there and limitation to to stay outside Canada or I can be in other country with another visitor visa on my travel document?

I will be happy to share your experience about that.
Thank you.
Yes can visit everywhere but to your country and use only RTD

JBKJN

Jan 6, 2021
Yes can visit everywhere but to your country and use only RTD
Thank you for your answer. I am planning to go to the another country. I have another question as well. The processing time of PR is almost 24 months now. Would I stay outside Canada most of these times? Is there any effect to the process of PR if I will not be in Canada?