travel document query

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akbah said:
Hi Leon
I applied for Travel Document but our all papers came back today without PRTD and they are asking additional information on Proof of Permanently Relocating to Canada.
What does that mean and what proof should we submit.
I dont have any Job offer so not resigned yet from my current Job.
Please advice
Thanx
Things like home ownership or one year lease agreement can show as proof of "permanently relocating to Canada"

akbah

Sep 27, 2012
Thanx for reply but I dont have any rental agrrement and Job offer. Any other document pl Help.
Regards

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you have friends/relatives in Canada who would be willing to give you a letter showing your family can live with them until you find suitable housing? Otherwise, you can check website listings such as rentbc.com and craiglist to make arrangement. Rental agreement can be done outside Canada via internet.

realtexdex

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Isn't it the right of a PR to enter Canada anytime, as long as they can satisfy the 2 years in a rolling 5 years condition? Why do they need this extra documentation?

akbah

Sep 27, 2012
Hi
Thanks for all the help and advice on this forum
I got my travel document from valid for 6 months
I submitted following documents as proof relocating:
My wife resignation letter
my daughter school leaving certificate
Canada bank account
rental agreement which I got online
I hope it helps for others as well in same situation
Thanks to all who replied,and special thanks to Leo Sir.

akbah

Sep 27, 2012
Hi
I would like to know further when should we apply for our First PR Card, is it immediately after reaching in Canada? As our first PR Card was not made due to photo issue and we are out of Canada almost 2 yrs. 10 month now.
Will there be any issue of Residency obligation?
we will need PR Card for any emergency visit to home country.
We plan relocating in June first week 2013. and we took our Landing in Aug 2010 and PR Card was not made due to photo issue and just got our Travel Doc made.
Thanks

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akbah said:
Hi
I would like to know further when should we apply for our First PR Card, is it immediately after reaching in Canada? As our first PR Card was not made due to photo issue and we are out of Canada almost 2 yrs. 10 month now.
Will there be any issue of Residency obligation?
we will need PR Card for any emergency visit to home country.
We plan relocating in June first week 2013. and we took our Landing in Aug 2010 and PR Card was not made due to photo issue and just got our Travel Doc made.
Thanks
Yes, apply your PR card as soon as you reach Canada. Yes, you would still need to follow the residency obligation to maintain your permanent resident status and obtain valid PR card for traveling overseas.