+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel document processing time

Kingofthenorth1378

Jun 28, 2019
hey guys
I applied for the travel document in February. they withdrew money from my account on March 3rd and now it is 10th of April and still no news. is anyone experiencing the same thing?

Reactions: simple2000

simple2000

Feb 19, 2019
two days ago they called me and asked a question about my work in 2018 . i applied Feb 6 and the took fee on March 6 . still waiting

Kingofthenorth1378

Jun 28, 2019
yea it makes me wonder why they don't change the processing time on the website. cause u cant even blame corona for this delay, our applications are way before this pandemic.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

yea it makes me wonder why they don't change the processing time on the website. cause u cant even blame corona for this delay, our applications are way before this pandemic.
1. Why would they? Because CIC doesn't know.

Travel document services in Canada (certificate of identity or refugee travel document)

You can’t apply for a travel document at the Certificate of Identity Office until further notice. If you’ve already applied, we’ll process your application when service returns to normal.

If you need to travel urgently

You can get travel document services in Canada if you have a valid reason to travel urgently.

Urgent travel reasons include if you’re travelling

• for a medical reason because you have a serious illness
  • because of the serious illness or death of someone you know
  • because you’ll have financial problems from the loss of a job or business
  • to support an essential service
  • for humanitarian reasons
    • You need a letter from your organization that lists the humanitarian reasons.

Kingofthenorth1378

Jun 28, 2019
Hi

1. Why would they? Because CIC doesn't know.

Travel document services in Canada (certificate of identity or refugee travel document)

You can’t apply for a travel document at the Certificate of Identity Office until further notice. If you’ve already applied, we’ll process your application when service returns to normal.

If you need to travel urgently

You can get travel document services in Canada if you have a valid reason to travel urgently.

Urgent travel reasons include if you’re travelling

• for a medical reason because you have a serious illness
  • because of the serious illness or death of someone you know
  • because you’ll have financial problems from the loss of a job or business
  • to support an essential service
  • for humanitarian reasons
    • You need a letter from your organization that lists the humanitarian reasons.
so technically you are saying that although our applications were way before this pandemic, they won't
process it till further notice?