+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel Document! Need Advice.

SANA96

Jul 7, 2014
My family and I landed in Canada as PR in 2007 and stayed for a month and left Canada after getting PR cards due to a situation in back home.
We came back to Canada on June 17th, 2012, few days before expiration of our PR cards.

We requested for urgent renewal of PR cards after completing 745 days but we did not get them by July 29th and my family (my wife and two kids) left to visit back home and I cancelled my ticket.

They sent application for travel document to Canadian Embassy in Ankara today (August 4). By the time they applied for PRTD they had been in Canada for 772 days.

my question: is there any risk that they refuse to provide TD to my family? my kids have been at school for two years here in Toronto and I have provided all kinds of supporting docs.

Thanks in advance for your valuable feedbacks.

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
SANA96 said:
My family and I landed in Canada as PR in 2007 and stayed for a month and left Canada after getting PR cards due to a situation in back home.
We came back to Canada on June 17th, 2012, few days before expiration of our PR cards.

We requested for urgent renewal of PR cards after completing 745 days but we did not get them by July 29th and my family (my wife and two kids) left to visit back home and I cancelled my ticket.

They sent application for travel document to Canadian Embassy in Ankara today (August 4). By the time they applied for PRTD they had been in Canada for 772 days.

my question: is there any risk that they refuse to provide TD to my family? my kids have been at school for two years here in Toronto and I have provided all kinds of supporting docs.

Thanks in advance for your valuable feedbacks.
As long as you meet all the requirements, I do not see why they would refuse issuing you the TD. If they indeed have concern, the whole process might take a bit longer, that is about it.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Canadian embassy Ankara will look back 5 years to determine the days your family were present in Canada from the date they process PRTD. The chance for refusal of PRTD is not there if they have met the required days of presence from that date to backwards.