+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel Document Issuance Time for Islamabad Councilate

sherry1123

Dec 25, 2010
Hi
I had applied for the PRTD on 10th October 2011. However i still havent recieved any sort of a reply from their side. Does anyone know how long it takes them these days to come with a decision and return the documents and passport?

Thanks

shams_AINP

Apr 16, 2011
My brother in law applied for travel document in dec 2010 and got back in feb 2011. he was very upset in this period so many doubts but every thing is fine isb embassy take more time

dua

Jun 28, 2012
hello
i am permanent resident of Canada for last 6 years my PR card was expired during my stay in Canada i have applied there to renew the PR card and before i can get it i had to leave the country in an emergency and after i left the country my husband received the letter that my PR card is ready i can pick it up but now i m in Pakistan i had applied for PR travel document on 6th of april 2012.According to them processing time is 12 weeks which are also going to complete tomorrow but i didn't get any news abt Travel document.i had also requested them to speed up the process coz my husband had a serious surgery last month and nobody is there to take care of him i also provided them a doctor note but i didn't get any response.now my tickets are also going to be expired soon and my PR card last pickup date is also going to come after that i will have to apply it again. my son is also with me he was born in Canada.i am so worried .can anyone give me any suggestion?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dua said:
hello
i am permanent resident of Canada for last 6 years my PR card was expired during my stay in Canada i have applied there to renew the PR card and before i can get it i had to leave the country in an emergency and after i left the country my husband received the letter that my PR card is ready i can pick it up but now i m in Pakistan i had applied for PR travel document on 6th of april 2012.According to them processing time is 12 weeks which are also going to complete tomorrow but i didn't get any news abt Travel document.i had also requested them to speed up the process coz my husband had a serious surgery last month and nobody is there to take care of him i also provided them a doctor note but i didn't get any response.now my tickets are also going to be expired soon and my PR card last pickup date is also going to come after that i will have to apply it again. my son is also with me he was born in Canada.i am so worried .can anyone give me any suggestion?
If you can get a US visa, you can fly to the US and enter Canada at the land border in a rented or private car or apply for a travel document in the US. Otherwise, you must wait. You could also ask family&friends in Canada to talk to their MP's on your behalf and see if they can speed up your case.

dua

Jun 28, 2012
Hi
Thanks for the response but how can i apply for US visa coz both mine and my son's passports are in the embassy? and wat is MP's stand for?

Jun 26, 2012
hi dua! i m in gr8 trouble i just need to know that did u apply for the renewal of pr card after the expiration of pr card or your pr card was valid when you apply?and when did u get the letter from the cic after applying like how many months?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dua said:
Hi
Thanks for the response but how can i apply for US visa coz both mine and my son's passports are in the embassy? and wat is MP's stand for?
You would have to ask for them back first.

MP = Member of Parliament.

dua

Jun 28, 2012
thanks for all ur help
i got the travel document on the next day of my processing time got end
i am posting this if someone else can get help.....................
cheers

black crow

Nov 21, 2010
hi guys, can you tell me how to apply for travel documents in CANADIAN embassy in islamabad.
what documents are required, i send them email but they didnt reply.
my PR is going to expire next month, but despite of all my efforts i am not in a position to leave. i have a confirmed ticket with me at the moment, but i dont think i will be on board.
so i will apply for travel docs.
plz any of u if who applied for TD via canadian embassy in islamabd, guide me in this regard.