+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel Document for PR Holders (Specific Case)

tender_heart

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
Hi,

I have valid PR card and I am already in Canada (working and living). Last year I completed a LEGAL NAME CHANGE. So I have my new name appears on all my Canadian Official Documents (PR, Driving License, Health Card ...etc.), in addition to a the legal name change document that indicates both old and new name. The only document that doesn't reflect my new name is my home country passport.

Now, I need to travel. What are my options? especially when I have my Canadian documents under the new name, while my passport is under the old name?

Am I eligible to apply for a travel document? If yes, would it be only for one trip?

If not, what other options I have?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Why would you need a travel document if you have a current/valid PR card ? The bigger issue is probably fact any air ticket needs to match the name in the passport and not the PR card so if airline checks PR status for any reason they may not find you under the old name.

tender_heart

Star Member
Jul 19, 2012
Bs65 said:
Why would you need a travel document if you have a current/valid PR card ? The bigger issue is probably fact any air ticket needs to match the name in the passport and not the PR card so if airline checks PR status for any reason they may not find you under the old name.
That's actually my problem.

PR shows NEW NAME
Current Passport shows OLD NAME

That's why I am exploring my option to request for a travel document with the NEW NAME?

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my opinion, you might not have any problem, you can bring your official name changed letter along with passport and PR Card in order to prove yourself as same person.

Note that, you should call and make sure with the airline first before you purchase a ticket.

Please see other experts opinions.