+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel Doc needed to get back to Canada - PR expired

glani

Nov 4, 2012
Hi im hoping Leon or someone with all the answers can help me here ?

We landed in Oct 2006 and left Dec 2009 as my little boy had brain surgery to remove a tumor and needed a lot of therapy, we had no family support to help with appointments so returned to the UK for the therapy.
PR cards expired Jan 2012 and we no longer meet the 730 residency - were currently at 483 days in the last 5 yrs.

Ive prepared all the docs to apply for the travel doc and provided the following to evidence our 3 yrs of residence
Utillity Bills
T4's
Employment records
Yearly Childcare receipts
Medical Records from the surgery in Canada and the subsequent therapy he received here in the UK
Proof of funds to show we are adequately able to return to canada and settle.
Letter to explain why we had to leave and that husband works for the same company here in the UK as he did in Canada - however this is not a Canadian company as they are both owned by Toyota (therefore both actually owned by Japanese).

Ive also asked in the letter if they would be prepared to issue a travel doc for us to return then would they be prepared to give us a 12mth expiry on it so my son can have his final MRI scan here and receive the all clear before returning to Canada.

Ive read posts about them only giving 90 days max on the travel docs .......... what do you think or chances are of a 12mth one ? that's if they dont just refuse us for not meeting residency anyway ! :'(