+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel Dates for VV, from India

9.ameya

May 23, 2022
Hello, I'm planning to Visit a friend in Canada, for 15 days, who is on a Student Visa.
I'm planning to visit him/her in 'July and will be applying in June '22.
Based on the delays that might happen during the process, is it necessary to mention the dates of Visit or Just Days of Visit after the Visa application gets accepted?
What is the duration of Visitor Visa for Single/Multiple Entry.
Please help.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, I'm planning to Visit a friend in Canada, for 15 days, who is on a Student Visa.
I'm planning to visit him/her in 'July and will be applying in June '22.
Based on the delays that might happen during the process, is it necessary to mention the dates of Visit or Just Days of Visit after the Visa application gets accepted?
What is the minimum duration of Visitor Visa for Single/Multiple Entry.
Please help.
Thank you.
Leaving it late since processing averages about 4 months. You can mention dates but VOs will continue to process even if dates have passed. To get a visa, you need to show funds for visit, travel history, ties to home country and reason to visit. Not sure what you mean about duration.

9.ameya

May 23, 2022
Leaving it late since processing averages about 4 months. You can mention dates but VOs will continue to process even if dates have passed. To get a visa, you need to show funds for visit, travel history, ties to home country and reason to visit. Not sure what you mean about duration.
Thanks for the reply! That was helpful.
Yes I'll be showing funds, travel history, ties and the reason.
By duration I mean, how long are the visitor Visas valid? 6 months, 1 Year, 5 years, 10 Years?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Thanks for the reply! That was helpful.
Yes I'll be showing funds, travel history, ties and the reason.
By duration I mean, how long are the visitor Visas valid? 6 months, 1 Year, 5 years, 10 Years?
Visiter visa (Or any visa) expiry date is same as (expiry date of Your passport - 1day)

You must leave Canada within 6 month after entry (max duration you can stay at single entry)

Good Luck

Reactions: 9.ameya

9.ameya

May 23, 2022
Is
Visiter visa (Or any visa) expiry date is same as (expiry date of Your passport - 1day)

You must leave Canada within 6 month after entry (max duration you can stay at single entry)

Good Luck
Thank you!!
I would be going for local tourism mainly and meeting my friend as well, staying at their place, so should I choose the option -
'To meet family and friends'
Or
'Tourism'?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Is
Thank you!!
I would be going for local tourism mainly and meeting my friend as well, staying at their place, so should I choose the option -
'To meet family and friends'
Or
'Tourism'?
Select any one of them , "Tourism" is best bet for you

Good Luck

Reactions: 9.ameya