+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel Ban Due to COVID 19 - COPR Holders

thaivo293

Jul 21, 2019
I just saw this news update
"The exemptions include
  • seasonal agricultural workers, fish/seafood workers, caregivers and all other temporary foreign workers
  • international students who held a valid study permit, or had been approved for a study permit, when the travel restrictions took effect on March 18, 2020
  • permanent resident applicants who had been approved for permanent residence before the travel restrictions were announced on March 16, 2020, but who had not yet travelled to Canada"
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/03/canada-provides-update-on-exemptions-to-travel-restrictions-to-protect-canadians-and-support-the-economy.html?fbclid=IwAR209r9KyAMX5RJXQqOXPddv5mLROlM5CYxM2AP2DUNP2aLPKl9uMhiFnpo

jefferson12

Apr 5, 2020
following this post! I am a Filipino citizen with an immigrant Visa to Canada and a COPR. Valid only until May 2020. The agency who handled my papers and entire process advised that I CAN be granted entry to Canada. But of course, I want to be certain. My flight is on March 30, straight flight.

Any official information / personal experience will be very helpful

thank you
Did you make it?

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
China for me, Malaysia for husband
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
Agree that whilst people might consder this good news to get clarity but still assumes can find an airline still flying internationally in particular where an indirect transit is required given many airlines parking up most their fleets/laying off staff at least until end June so finding a seat may be challenging for a while.

At least for everyone now the situation is clear although nothing specific about 14 day self isolation on arrival which should be a requirement for the next few months. Plus there are all the ramifications of arriving in a new country virtually in shutdown so unless have immediate family immigration will likely be significantly harder on arrival than usual with many businesses in shutdown for a few months.

Add to this assuming a 14 day self isolation is imposed the challenge of that for a new immigrant and does anyone really want to self isolate with their immediate family members to worst case find out they just happen to be positive themselves?

Hard as it might be if the extension option still open people should seriously consider staying put at least until the summer
Ah finally someone who make good sense! I have CopR but not want to risk my health and children health. Why I give like to your post is I read many people want to force go there and stay in quarantine 14 days. Why pay so much mony to stay air bnb and not visit around (if you soft land and need to go back, is it not waste of your time and mony)?

AmyCLC

Star Member
Mar 25, 2020
China, Malaysia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
China for me, Malaysia for husband
App. Filed.......
01-02-2018
Doc's Request.
12-05-2018
IELTS Request
01-05-2018
Med's Request
22-07-2019
Passport Req..
12-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2020
Agree. There is also a huge risk in flying. You are more likely to be exposed to the virus.
Yes, agree. Why virus in EU and rest of the world is because of air travel. Many EU people go China and go back but not quarantine and infect others. So sad and affects our plan to soft land canada.