+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRAVEL BAN - CORONAVIRUS

AfricanGiant912

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
Hi guys,

Could someone clarify the following sentence regarding the travel ban on cic:

Prohibition

2 Any foreign national, as defined in subsection 2(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, is prohibited from entering Canada if they arrive by means of an aircraft from a foreign country.

Non-application

3 Section 2 does not apply to

(a) a person who has been only in the United States or Canada during the period of 14 days before the day on which they arrived in Canada;

I know the travel ban does not affect Canadians, PR holders and immediate families. However according to the above sentence, a foreign national could enter Canada if they have been in the US for a period of 14 days. https://orders-in-council.canada.ca/attachment.php?attach=38952&lang=en

I am confused

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys,

Could someone clarify the following sentence regarding the travel ban on cic:

Prohibition

2 Any foreign national, as defined in subsection 2(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, is prohibited from entering Canada if they arrive by means of an aircraft from a foreign country.

Non-application

3 Section 2 does not apply to

(a) a person who has been only in the United States or Canada during the period of 14 days before the day on which they arrived in Canada;

I know the travel ban does not affect Canadians, PR holders and immediate families. However according to the above sentence, a foreign national could enter Canada if they have been in the US for a period of 14 days. https://orders-in-council.canada.ca/attachment.php?attach=38952&lang=en

I am confused
Yes. That's correct. If you travel to the U.S., then remain in the U.S. for at least 14 days, you can then come to Canada per the current rules.

Reactions: AfricanGiant912