+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel authorisation

Ivan84

Dec 22, 2020
Hi! No not received yet. Pp also not received yet. Just mentioned why I want to travel for the sake of my spouse, help emotionally and maintaining good family relationship etc. There is an email mentioned in IRCC site, check it and it has all necessary information.
Hi JK, I received the authorization letter to travel.
They answered very quickly, I sent the email last Friday January 29 and got the email back today. It says the following info:

"Your request to be exempted from the current restrictions to travel to Canada has been approved under the Order in Council, Minimizing the Risk of Exposure to COVID-19 in Canada Order (Prohibition of Entry into Canada from any country other than the United States)."

Now we have the doubt where country to fly from, because my spouse and I live in Perú, and all flights from USA, México, Central América and South América are cancelled until April 30th.
We don't know if we can fly to Spain for example, and then take a flight to Canada from there, now I have to look for that info.
Hope you will receive your authorization letter soon, let me know.

Best regards!

Reactions: JK7878 and Umswa

LorLor

Jul 27, 2020
Jamaica
Category........
STUDY
They answered very quickly, I sent the email last Friday January 29 and got the email back today. It says the following info:

"Your request to be exempted from the current restrictions to travel to Canada has been approved under the Order in Council, Minimizing the Risk of Exposure to COVID-19 in Canada Order (Prohibition of Entry into Canada from any country other than the United States)."

Now we have the doubt where country to fly from, because my spouse and I live in Perú, and all flights from USA, México, Central América and South América are cancelled until April 30th.
We don't know if we can fly to Spain for example, and then take a flight to Canada from there, now I have to look for that info.

Best regards!
Flights from USA are canceled?!

Ivan84

Dec 22, 2020
Hello!! Just received Authorization letter. on the 10th day. Thank you so much everyone.
That is a great new, congrats !
When do you suppose to travel? We already have tickets booked to travel on February 23.
We are nervous about the cost of the 3 mandatory days at a hotel designate by the government, but there is not further notice about it.
Just waiting.

Reactions: JK7878

Ivan84

Dec 22, 2020
Flights are still being offered via US airlines
The news are confusing.
I called Canada Airlines two days ago and they are still flying from Bogotá, Colombia.
Only are cancelled México and Caribbean (Colombia is Caribbean for me).
So we booked tickets from Lima through Bogotá - Toronto - Vancouver.
I hope everything goes well.

Reactions: LorLor

Umswa

Star Member
Oct 11, 2020

Best regards!
Congratulations!! I just reply for mine and I got rejected as travel is non-discretionary.
Can you please tell me what you mentioned in the email sent

Ivan84

Dec 22, 2020
Congratulations!! I just reply for mine and I got rejected as travel is non-discretionary.
Can you please tell me what you mentioned in the email sent
Hi Umswa, sorry to hear that.
In our case, we explained we wanted to travel together because we haven't been separated since we are family, and I will be my wife's support working full time while she studies her MBA.
Also we fully detailed our 14 days mandatory quarantine.
Hope this info helps you.

Reactions: Umswa

Ma2252

Star Member
Jul 18, 2020
Hello Dear,
I am a bit confused about travel authorization? Who needs one?
I have a study permit and my wife got approved for an open work permit.
Both of us are planning to travel at the end of Feb. we have visas stamped to our passports.

Do I need to send an email for travel authorization? Or do you mean eTA?
Please help.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards!

Ivan84

Dec 22, 2020
Hello Dear,
I am a bit confused about travel authorization? Who needs one?
I have a study permit and my wife got approved for an open work permit.
Both of us are planning to travel at the end of Feb. we have visas stamped to our passports.

Do I need to send an email for travel authorization? Or do you mean eTA?
Please help.

Thank you in advance.
Hi !
Yes, your wife as an immediate family has to request a written authorization from IRCC.
This is the email: IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
IRCC link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#authorization