+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel and residency obligation not met

dedoz

Jan 9, 2012
Mississauga
Hi,

apologize i know this has been discussed over and over again, I did search but couldn't really find a similar case.

in march my PR card is going to expire, by then iam gonna be short of a year to meet the residency obligation (4 years out of Canada). I am in full time job here in canada with a big Canadian company, if that worth mentioning.

I have learned that I could stay in Canada and wait until I collect the 2 years in the 5 years and then apply for the PR card renewal. the renwal takes about 6 months. that means that I wont be able to leave the country until 1.5 years after March 2012.

i cant really do this, I need to travel to visit my parents for couple of weeks at least a year.

what are my possibilities here? is it possible to switch to a work visa to spare that headache of the PR obligation? I want to keep my job and be able to go for vacation. I thought of having my parents visiting me here but that wont work since when they apply for the Visa, my PR obligation might be check.

thanks for your help.

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wait until you have 2 years in the preceeding 5 years and then apply to renew under urgent processing. This should take 2 to 4 weeks if everything goes fine. You can apply for your parents to come visit you at any time. Residency obligation is not checked when you do this. I was in a similar situation and applied for family members to visit me.