+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel after "ready for visa" but before obtaining the visa

confusedapplicant

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Question on timing ... today is March 9th. Specifically this is for an applicant who are already in Canada (with valid visa and permit)

Let say we receive a "ready for visa" notification tomorrow (Mar 10), however we have an out-of-country travel scheduled between Mar 15 - Mar 25.
Now, option 1 is to cancel the travel and send the passport for PR Visa (because likely we wont get it back in 5 days).

But this may be impossible depending on what kind of travel already scheduled - question would be: Is it possible (and allowed) to travel out of Canada after we got "ready for visa" but before we actually send the passport for visa?

Essentially we still have the valid visa + permit to re-enter Canada at the end of the travel, I am just not sure if the "ready for visa" mean they immediately cancel our current status?

Preferably we would like to be able to keep the scheduled travel, and send the passport for PR visa after we come back for vacation.

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Depends on where your "Ready for visa" email came from. Reportedly, you're asked to submit your passports within either 15 days or 30 days.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your current status is not cancelled. You can certainly travel out of the country and get back in if your current visa is valid.

They give you only 30 days to submit your passport so try not to take a long trip if you're expecting PPR soon.

confusedapplicant

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Thanks - yeah this travel is already scheduled / booked since last year and it's an important one that's been planned for a while.

So _if_ I get 30 days notice for "ready for visa" and I can come back to Canada 2-3 days before the period expire, I would have enough time to send XpressPost to their office.

Not ideal and tight, but it's doable right?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
confusedapplicant said:
Thanks - yeah this travel is already scheduled / booked since last year and it's an important one that's been planned for a while.

So _if_ I get 30 days notice for "ready for visa" and I can come back to Canada 2-3 days before the period expire, I would have enough time to send XpressPost to their office.

Not ideal and tight, but it's doable right?
it will be tight, but on the bright side, if I'm not mistaken, government correspondences is dated from the date sent not received, so technically, if you send it on the 3oth day, you should be still in time. Not sure thou, I'd recommend calling CIC before leaving.