+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel After PR Visa stamping and Before getting PR Card

C

CEC_2174

Hello Seniors I am caught in a tricky situation, I want to travel out of Canada for an urgent family issue next month.
Currently I have my Work Permit and Work Visa both Valid until March 2013

I got Passport request from Detroit, I wish to get my passports stamped next week and then Plan to travel out of Canada.

1. If I do my landing at Port of Entry, my Work Visa will be cancelled as soon as I do my Landing activities.

2. If I just get my Passports stamped in Detroit and delay my landing, and travel out of Canada and do my Landing after a month.

Is PR Card Must for Travel..?
What are the options I have? Kindly suggest

Regards

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
CEC_2174 said:
Hello Seniors I am caught in a tricky situation, I want to travel out of Canada for an urgent family issue next month.
Currently I have my Work Permit and Work Visa both Valid until March 2013

I got Passport request from Detroit, I wish to get my passports stamped next week and then Plan to travel out of Canada.

1. If I do my landing at Port of Entry, my Work Visa will be cancelled as soon as I do my Landing activities.

2. If I just get my Passports stamped in Detroit and delay my landing, and travel out of Canada and do my Landing after a month.

Is PR Card Must for Travel..?
What are the options I have? Kindly suggest

Regards
In the absence of a PR card, you can apply for a Travel Document as per below link. However, if you are returning to Canada soon, just get the PR visa stamped now and do the landing when you return. This can be done provided the PR Visa is valid for that long of course.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp

Wicket08

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011
AOR Received.
07-11-2011
Med's Done....
April 2011
LANDED..........
08-11-2012
I too is caught in somehow a similar situation. I will be landing on November 8. I applied for the spousal sponsorship. anyway, I really have to go home to my home country by November 25th. I know for sure I will not have my PR card by then. Is there a chance that they will not grant me a travel document if ever I apply for one?