+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Travel Advise to Canada with less then 6 months passport validity

arpitmehta2

Apr 9, 2023
Hello, need inputs on 2 queries:
1. I am travelling to Canada on 1st April from Dubai and my passport expires on 9th Sept. I have a Canadian PR, so can I travel to the country with less than 6 months passport validity?

2. For me return journey, my layover is in Paris for 10.5 hrs., do I need a hotel booking or transit visa? I do not intend to leave the airport during this time.

Thanks in advance

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello, need inputs on 2 queries:
1. I am travelling to Canada on 1st April from Dubai and my passport expires on 9th Sept. I have a Canadian PR, so can I travel to the country with less than 6 months passport validity?

2. For me return journey, my layover is in Paris for 10.5 hrs., do I need a hotel booking or transit visa? I do not intend to leave the airport during this time.

Thanks in advance
1. Yes, passport validity not an issue if your PR card is still valid.
2. Check with your airline. For the most part in Paris one does not need a visa/transit visa if one stays in the international zone (eg not staying in france, not leaving airport, not switching to a schengen flight). But this can depend on nationality and then there are, in some countries, exceptions made for Canadian PR card holders. I am fairly confident this will be true for you, but again, you should check, as the passport can matter.

Reactions: arpitmehta2