+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Translation of Work Experience Letter for PR Application

mmsalman

Jul 13, 2017
Hi,

The work experience letter from my first employer is in Arabic and this is the only document that I will need to translate. This was for a six months period way back in 2008. Discarding this won't affect my total points so I am planning to do the following:
  1. Enter the work experience in relevant section of the PR form
  2. Attach the document as it is without translation
  3. Add a paragraph in the letter of explanation stating that I am OK with the officer ignoring this document as it won't affect my total points.
So does this sound like a good idea?

If not, how can I go about translating this document? CIC doesn't provide any contacts for "certified organizations" and when I got in touch with some companies online, they are asking for tons of money to translate a single page but more worryingly they refuse to guarantee that their translation will be accepted for Canadian authorities.

Thanks.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi,

The work experience letter from my first employer is in Arabic and this is the only document that I will need to translate. This was for a six months period way back in 2008. Discarding this won't affect my total points so I am planning to do the following:
  1. Enter the work experience in relevant section of the PR form
  2. Attach the document as it is without translation
  3. Add a paragraph in the letter of explanation stating that I am OK with the officer ignoring this document as it won't affect my total points.
So does this sound like a good idea?

If not, how can I go about translating this document? CIC doesn't provide any contacts for "certified organizations" and when I got in touch with some companies online, they are asking for tons of money to translate a single page but more worryingly they refuse to guarantee that their translation will be accepted for Canadian authorities.

Thanks.
If removing this work ex is not going to affect your points, then remove it from Work History and mention it in Personal History. That way you would not need to upload anything at all.

Reactions: mmsalman

mmsalman

Jul 13, 2017
If removing this work ex is not going to affect your points, then remove it from Work History and mention it in Personal History. That way you would not need to upload anything at all.
I thought about this but wouldn't there be a discrepancy between my personal history and work experience? Or perhaps I can just leave it out of work experience and mention in the letter of explanation that I wasn't able to get the letter in English from my employer?

Either way, do you think the application can be marked as incomplete and cancelled?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
I thought about this but wouldn't there be a discrepancy between my personal history and work experience? Or perhaps I can just leave it out of work experience and mention in the letter of explanation that I wasn't able to get the letter in English from my employer?

Either way, do you think the application can be marked as incomplete and cancelled?
If you mention in Personal History, there will not be any issue. Since you are not going to claim any points for it and can't really provide the appropriate documents, its best to take this approach. If you want, you can explain this in LOE that you couldn't get the letters so you moved that work to Personal History.

Good luck!

mmsalman

Jul 13, 2017
If you mention in Personal History, there will not be any issue. Since you are not going to claim any points for it and can't really provide the appropriate documents, its best to take this approach. If you want, you can explain this in LOE that you couldn't get the letters so you moved that work to Personal History.

Good luck!

Houzi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017

Hi! You can go with a notarized translation. Translator puts his signature and writes smthing about translation being true and correct, they usually know about it. Then notary certifies his signature. You can ask any translation company in your country. I did it in 2 countries, same procedure. If you put this job in personal history only, its OK, since work history is for jobs you claim points for. If you do not claim points for this specific job, its fine to move it from work history to personal. No prob here.